Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to turn on tracking with the 3030?

TrpnBils

When I first got my 3030 I messed with the GPS stuff a little but never saw a whole lot of use for it other than recording find points for good targets. Lately though I've been wanting to use the tracking (for lack of a better word) but can't figure out how to turn it on. I used to see it when I'd switch to map screen, but not anymore. Where is that at in the menu? Even after I've been hunting for a couple of hours, if I go to the map screen all I see is my "little guy" graphic, a green flag, and my find points that I've marked. How do I turn on the option to show where I've walked?

Edit: Nevermind... pressing and holding the map button from the detect screen wouldnt take me to the menu, but doing it from the map screen worked. You'd think that would work from the detect screen too...?

There are certain functions which you can access from different screens,but what you’re talking about is called a GeoTrail....as long as you got it,then you got it!

I hunt in large farm fields , pastures and woods.
For me the gps function is a great tool to see where I’ve been and Where I need to be .’
After downloading into exchange 2 I’m able to see where I’ve been , then I can program in some way points that can direct me where I need to start on the next hunt .
Of coarse I can mark finds , if I find a foundation or well or something of interest I can always get back to it if needed.’
I like it
BT