Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How would you like a silver dime every time

Larry (IL)

you went hunting? Most of us hope to find silver or gold coins, we research new spots, we hunt old parks, we knock on doors asking permission to hunt old yards. Sometimes we made the right call and sometimes we don't, sometimes we go for months between silver finds, but getting a silver dime or quarter every time you go hunting is not all that unrealistic.

A silver dime is worth $3.30 and a silver quarter, a little less than $8. Heck we have all gone clad hunting and how much do you find? It doesn't take long to find three bucks in the wood chips in a tot lot or two and $20 bucks walking around a football field. Sure it is no substitute for the thrill of digging up an old coin out of the ground but if you want silver, that is an easy goal to achieve. Gold coins? A Mexican 2 Peso is a little over $100 and a US $5 gold piece is less than $500.

There are more coins lost today than ever, kids have more in their pockets and when they are lost or spent, they hit good ole Mom and Dad up to restock their supply.......:biggrin: and when you find all of the clad lost in a tot lot, you can come back in a month and like magic, there are more............:shrug: There is a lot to be said for clad hunting. One year I took our clad and bought a 1909-S VDB cent with the found money. I might not be able to find a rare cent but I sure can find the coins to buy one. So can you.........:clapping:

And I helped! :cheekkiss::twodetecting:

Awesome,I agree,i don't clad hunt like i use to.
I remember a couple of years i had found over four hundred dollars one year and
right at that the next.
There are a lot of coins out there,they add up!
Thanks for the motivation, I had used mine at Christmas time!

LabradorBob