Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How's the V3 on the beach?

Kidd

Can anyone tell me how well the V3 works on salt water beach's? I live in Mass, on the north shore? I do a good amount of beach hunting, and have usually used my cz70 for this, its a nice and steady machine. I would like to try the v3, but I had a dfx that was terrible on the beach. How's the V3?

You might want to go back and read the past posts on beach hunting with the V3. It seems the 950 conical coil is the coil of choice for the beaches in some areas, while others do well with the stock D2.

I'm concerned with the DFX not working on your beach which is usually a great wet/dry salt water detector if you don't have "black sand". Even in "black sand" with the right settings, (manual GB) the DFX worked good I have been told.

I had Excellent results with my DFX on a salt water beach ( even in some Black sand) you had to make sure it was 100% GB though.

Thank you Rob and Larry for your reply. I find it very helpful. I've been metal detecting for over 40 years, and by far the bulk of that was with Whites, I'd like to continue the tradition. Its funny you mention reading the posts. I tried several searches specifically in the v3 forum, and for some reason, I would get hundreds of pages of just about everything else. I don't know if there is a blip in the system. Thanks again men, Gerry

Never heard anybody say they had a bad time with the DFX on the beach

Kidd said:
Thats amazing, however the question is about the V3.

V3 works fine on the salt beach--WET or DRY

Jerry

ive used the v3 here on the beaches in moray with no problems using the dd coil with good results......

CROCK of COINS said:
Kidd said:

V3 works fine on the salt beach--WET or DRY

Jerry

Some people will find the "STOCK" programs a little TOO HOT. You can turn DOWN the RX gain and start working. I have run the RX at 15...but had to turn it down when a target was shallow!!! Easy to do ;-)

Jerry

Also Keep in mind that the Coin & Jewelry and the Salt Beach Program's are alike, Except the Salt Beach Program's (RX Gain is Double) of the Coin & Jewelry Program. So most likely you will need to turn down the RX Gain to keep things stable.

Rob, I think you need to look at those two programs again ..... there are some very significant differences other than RX Gain for example 3freq OFF and salt comp ON, Tone ID ON, VDI accept of -5 - +94, Visual reject OFF.

I recently got a V nulled 950 and can really crank the heat up on it. I run TX ON, RX @ 15, Disc @ 90, all metal @ 85. The reason I run so hot is yes shallow targets fon't need the heat but beach replenishments and sandsweepers tend to create some deep targets. The 950 runs more stable when it contacts saltwater and is less effected by EMI.

To answer your question if you are like me and beach hunt for jewelry the V works extremely well and the 22.5 freq is exceptional at seeing gold targets. 95% of my metal detecting is on salt beaches and I would not trade my V for anything out there for my type of hunting. I used to use the DFX but even with extremely hot set-up's seeing small gold targets was a if I could touch it I might hear it situation. Not the case at all for the V: it see's small gold chains easily.

Kidd said:

I only made that statment because you said that you had problems with the DFX on the beach. So maybe you will have problems with the V as well.

Thanks Jim for the update, will have to check into the 950 coil . what about the Super 12, Seems it it would cover more ground.

Rob, I look for jewelry and some of it like chains and pendants are fairly small in size. The S12 though it may go deeper will miss a bunch of smaller sized targets in the process thus making it a coil I don't need (I have a older S12 and a 1400dd that overload very easily on my V so I have stored them for a later time to sell) or want to use for my needs. If I was a relic hunter I would look seriously at the larger coils.