Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Huge Silver Spill + Seated Half-Dime - Part II

I drove 115 miles back to the old plantation home site for a second hunt today after finding 21 silver coins there 3 days ago. I immediately went to the area where I found all of the silver dimes earlier this week, and in a short time I was able to dig another 8 silver dimes.

So the grand total found at the site was 30 silver coins: 28 dimes (8 Mercs and 20 Rosies), 1 Washington quarter and 1 1838 Seated Half-Dime. I've included an updated photo of all the coins. The bottom row comprises the 8 new silver dimes I found today. Needless to say, the Seated Half-Dime is the star of the show.

My cousin went with me today, and we spent quite a bit of time in a nearby freshly-planted cornfield. We didn't find any new coins in the field, but he did find a Confederate button that is probably either a Texas or Mississippi button. We will have to research this to determine which it is. There are other areas to hunt at the site, but there is high grass covering these areas, making hunting them quite difficult. We are planning to return at a later date and attempt to find the location of the site's bottle dump.

Thanks for looking, again.

HH

Thanks, Jim.

I was a little surprised to find 8 more silvers. I was just a little too tired and hungry to find them on Tuesday since it was so late in the day.

I would love to see pics of that button. That is a valuable button either way. Should be fairly easy to tell if it's Texas or Mississippi though

brianc577 said:
I would love to see pics of that button. That is a valuable button either way. Should be fairly easy to tell if it's Texas or Mississippi though

I'll try and get a picture of the button from my cousin.

Killer !!! :beers:

That's the highest silver count I have ever seen from one site.

It just blows my mind how many coins you are finding. Makes you wonder how so many got dropped or whatever happened.

Howdy Brierfield--

I'm glad that you went back to that site! It sure did pay off! It's interesting that aside from the Washington and the HD all of the finds are dimes. I had an ever-expanding hole a few years ago that included silver Washington's, mercs, Roosevelt's, silver Jefferson's, Buffalo nickles and wheat cents. I'd love to go back to that site but there is a new house on that lot. Oh, please let us know about your cousin's button? I'd love to see it. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel