Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunt in Woodstock Va

E-TREC-Virginia

Going to Woodstock Va (established 1761) in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley to hunt a couple of old house that are scheduled to be torn down. Never been there. Hoping for some good results. Has anybody ever hunted there?

Never hunted there. Best of luck, looking forward to seeing some pix of your finds!
HH,
Bunker

Lets us know what the mineralization is like. Is auto sens running low? My soil here is terrible, and the auto sens runs 14-19 usually, so I bump up manual sensitivity to 20-24 with a tight pattern accepting coins, most of the FE 12 line from FE 9-16, and open upper right corner for halves and dollars. (I keep manual sens as high as I can without too much falsing) I still average finding silver coins at 2.5 -3". Hopefully that part of the Appalachians is better than my part! If it is bad don't forget, ground difficult, trash high, deep off (that only makes deep sounds louder, loads the cpu, and turning the gain up does the same thing), and fast on too.

HH!

Well the hunt in Woodstock turned out to be a bust. I thought we were going down there to hunt some old house sites, but it turned out that my friend had some fields in mind. When we got there the fields had been planted, thus off limits. We did try some door knocking down in the older part of town, but struck out. The day was not a complete failure as we did get permission to hunt an old campground next to one of the local rivers, which we plan to go back to later, plus it was a nice day and I enjoyed the ride through the area. My friend was a little embarrassed about the situation, but it was no big deal to me.