Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunt with niterider_58 at a park we haven't pulled silver out of in 6 years....

Hotcz70

and we STILL HAVEN'T[color]:bouncy:

I told Phil a few years ago to NEVER bring me back to this park!!...but we were bored and he wanted to put some time on his ctx and I wanted to put some time on my E-Trac.

[attachment 245878 yetictx42.jpg]

We just don't get to hunt together much anymore because of our work schedules...so we ended up meeting at a spot inbetween both of us that we both pounded years before we even met each other. In other words...it's been hammered:biggrin:..and getting a good high conductor hit at depth is about like hitting the lotto.:detecting:

[attachment 245882 yetigirl2.jpg]

He ended up sniffing out a nice gold plated pair of earrings or cufflinks?

[attachment 245883 yetiearings2.jpg]

My main goal with the E-Trac was to better learn the low conductors as I have been doing the last few hunts.

I ended up breaking my personal record for nickels in 1 hunt with 8..so I was pretty happy.

[attachment 245884 menickels2.jpg]

Yes they were all junker nickels:biggrin:...and a long ways away from a 5-way nickel slam like I got a few weeks ago...but I did break my previous record of 7 nickels...and that's what counts.

I love the E-Trac on nickel hits and am going to start better concentrating on them. I figure the more I try low conductors...the obvious better chance for popping out some gold I have:thumbup:

[attachment 245885 menickelshand2.jpg]

The most important part of the day sure as heck wasn't my finds...it was getting to hunt with a great friend and sharing some laughs while Herky watched squirrels.:angel:

Glad you guys had a good time.........

Nice bunch of nickels Bryce.........the E is darn good at sniffing out nickels, probably as good as Herc sniffing out them squirrels! :crylol:

Jim

Nice going Bryce, thanks for sharing!:thumbup:

I've always loved finding the old nickels, even if the Jeff's were in the 40's, they're still pretty darned old. Thanks for the pictures Bryce.

NebTrac

Bryce It Is Really Nice To See You Posting On The ET Forum

Great Attitude and Some Nickels and Jewelry

And As I Have Said Many Times..Detecting With A Friend...... PRICELESS

Bryce, once you get used to how the nickels hit like you do with the deep silver you will kill them too. My best day I had 29 of them out of 33 digs if I am remembering correctly.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1329238,1329238#msg-1329238

Yeah, most of the well-known parks in my area are hammered out like that.
These guys beat them to death with BFO's years ago.
So, I am always very surprised when anyone is finding multiple silvers in a standard, run-of-the-mill-park setting.
It always makes me wonder just how good those old units were. I mean even the deepies are slim to none.

Sure does make it a challenge...Doesn't it?

This is an interesting post as I never seem to find nickels at all. I am the dime queen it seems. lol. I did for the first time, dig a lower tone that was persistent even though the numbers were not consistent. It ended up being a wheat - date unreadable. We've been talking about making a coin garden. I suppose that will be helpful in knowing what tones and numbers to look for. Thanks for posting!!!

bethisa2j said:
This is an interesting post as I never seem to find nickels at all. I am the dime queen it seems. lol. I did for the first time, dig a lower tone that was persistent even though the numbers were not consistent. It ended up being a wheat - date unreadable. We've been talking about making a coin garden. I suppose that will be helpful in knowing what tones and numbers to look for. Thanks for posting!!!

Yes, the most common silver coin you will find is a dime, as they were thin enough to escape some of detectors over the years.
If they get on edge and semi-deep even better. Those too are tough though. Everybody and their mom has been looking
for them for 50 years or better.
I was once at a park near my home to kill an hour between appointments and the like. A man in his 50"s approached me and told me that when
he was a kid--his Dad detected this park with one of the old BFO's. They have been pounded like a pizza crust.
The only reason there are wheats left is because those old detectors knew the difference between a penny and dime.

Build me a detector with ultrasound to 8" and a nice picture, then that may be a game changer. :thumbup:

Good hunt Bryce! The fellowship is sometimes better than the great finds!

The ETrac is a killer on nickels. It took me awhile, but now I know a nickel sound when I hear it and have been finding more. It does have a distinct tone compared to aluminum.

This year I have gone from my first buffalo nickel to close to a dozen, two war nickels and many regular nickels. The war nickels are tricky though, coming in at 12-15.

Even though I now have a Deus (which is super light and sees things the ETrac can't in iron rich soil), I still haven't put my trusty ETrac down. The ETrac is my go to silver machine unless the ground is too difficult.

Keep up the good hunts and posts!

HH

Nice finds on that hunt Bryce!! Living here right here in the middle of IL. has been hard digging the finds with dry ground.We finally got some rain! Happy hunting!!