Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunted only 3 hours it's hot

sube

got6S7v.jpg
[/img] I hunted at the fairgrounds today 92 and humid is a understatement .
I was going to see if the nox could pull some coins in a 10 x15 area I had hunted hard with the ctx small and stock coil.
The nox found 3 signals all 22 to 25 for id repeating 1 way but not the other way just iron so I pull the ctx out and check them all iron grunts and iron in the right corner no target trace at all.
Started digging 5 inches down a nail swept the hole again now the target moved to the right 6 inches 22 to 25 got out the ctx and get a 12.40 one way iron the other way target trace was at 12.40 on the screen . I dug very carefully and at 7 inches a 1928 wheat it was standing straight up on edge . The other 2 signals were wheat's to 1926 and a 1941 they were on edge also just like the first same type of signal they were both 6 inches away from where I pinpointed .

Then I found two signals with the ctx both 12.40 with a lot of iron in the corner the nox said iron one way and 15 the other on both targets 1912d and 1918 wheat they were 4 inches deep also very crusted so what can I say .

Now I am beginning to see what this halo from the coil is doing as I am coming up on the coin it's seeing it from the side once it gets over the coin nail you get iron , but from the side it's seeing the nail and coin from a different angle without the nail over the coin .This would be no different than running your coil at a 45 degree angle to the ground to see under the trash ,

I also got a signal the nox said 26 to 27 one way the other way was iron ctx said iron but trace showed 12.43 there were two signals there that I could separate with the nox dug 4 inches nail big one 5 incher and a 1926 merc .

The ctx does not have as big of a halo as the nox this can be seen when you approach a pull-tab on the surface it starts to pick it up 4 inches in front of the coil at 15 to 16 and when you get over it 13 to 14 .

The nox seems very strong on the outer part of the coil can id 4 to 5 inches deep ctx 2 inches now you can get a good id with the edge of the coil and when you go to pinpoint you loose the target because it was not under the coil but at the edge of the coil and the good #s are gone you may try to find the target but if it is covered in iron or has iron with it you may never get your first hit #s .

So that coil halo has to be considered when trying to pinpoint a coin or target .
As I was walking back to the car I get a perfect 27 both ways look down and see a dime bent over to pick it up and see it's a 36 merc , I could of called the date before I dug lol nothing trumps luck .sube

I noticed that too when I was out earlier this week. Coins on edge really pinpoint badly. I experienced this twice, once with with a Zinc penny and once with a dime. I dug a plug, nothing in the hole. Rescanned and it was way off.

I will have to remember that if I don’t have a target when digging a plug in the future.

CS

Nice to get some tough finds there sube.

Rich -

Nice hunting, nice reporting sube. You are right about the Equinox coil, I think...it's the same conclusion I've come to -- that part of the "unmasking" capability of the machine has to do with the "hot" edges of the coil.

And -- a Merc on top of the ground?!

How lucky is that?!

Steve