Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunted out? Not so fast!

mcb613

First day on new permission. I was bummed to hear that a guy has been hunting the property off and on for 3 yrs. hunyed for 3hrs. Found a toasted LC, an IH and this beauty, just before quitting.
Property is picked over, but there should be a few more keepers.
Rang up at 12-39/40 on the CTX.

Well, would you look at that. Doesn't appear to have circulated very long before being lost. Beautiful coin.

Nice find! Curious on how deep it was. Some home sites I've hunted, the real old coins were not really that deep compared to other sites. Congrats again on a sweet find!

Before a little doap and water. Lightly dabbed with paper towel. Wondering if It should be dipped and maybe graded?

Very bottom of plug at around 7" or 8", from recollection. Didnt rub it like Usually do. It did look
Different, so I just left it dirty. Did put it in with other coins in pouch.

Personally, I wouldn't dip it. https://www.ngccoin.com/submit/services-fees/ncs/

Nice coin great shape to!

mcb613 said:
Before a little doap and water. Lightly dabbed with paper towel. Wondering if It should be dipped and maybe graded?

You never, ever want to dip a coin of value...like this one!
(Unless you just like the sound of money flying out the window.)

For that matter, you typically shouldn't clean one any more than you've already done.
Nothing devalues a rare silver coin faster.
(Well, maybe hitting it with a hammer might...)

Definitely have it graded and conserved. (Daddy's link is a good one.)

Beautiful find, BTW! :thumbup:
Very nicely done...
:)
mike

Daddy, thanks for the link. Does one have to be a member to use the service? Never have had the need until now I guess.
Thank all for the help and comments.
Now, go get you some too!

When they say hunted out they do you a favor. They have got all the easy hits and trash out of your way, just go slow and get the deep and older targets. I once went to a heavily hunted park with a small coil to hunt trashy areas. Five feet off the pavement in the parking lot I dug a jumbo class ring and a large silver ring in the bottle caps and pull tabs. Over time I found a woman's class ring, many silver coins and more silver rings. I never got it all, you just got to go slow.

Agree, front yard is very noisy with targets, going back with 5" coil to snipe. Gotta be more , just in front of the porch and door.
Looks like a good site for a cache, but im not that lucky...
Thanks

That's a fantastic find. Finding silver means there are many more relics to be found.

mcb613, That's a beautiful Capped Bust Dime! And I agree completely with trojdor. I can't tell from your picture but is it the rare 1830 over 29? Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Squirrel, you had me excited. However, the 1830 is crisp and clear, unfortunately. I guess I could have wrote that it looks like it to cause a flurry of fame, but not my character. The coin is what it is.
I fo like it though!
Think I'll keep it.... like every other non clad coin Ive ever found. :)
Thanks all for the comments!
Mike

Still producing, all from the same strip along drive as cap bist above. I guess the previous guy never hit it. The other areas may ne picked over though. May be done with this spot.

mcb613 said:
Daddy, thanks for the link. Does one have to be a member to use the service? Never have had the need until now I guess.
Thank all for the help and comments.
Now, go get you some too!

Not sure what their policy is, now. They used to charge a reasonable price for membership, and along with the membership came credits towards one or more free submissions. The free submissions pretty much offset the cost of membership.

mcb613 said:
Squirrel, you had me excited. However, the 1830 is crisp and clear, unfortunately. I guess I could have wrote that it looks like it to cause a flurry of fame, but not my character. The coin is what it is.
I fo like it though!
Think I'll keep it.... like every other non clad coin Ive ever found. :)
Thanks all for the comments!
Mike
If I ever found a coin like that I'd frame it and hang it on my living room wall.