Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunted out park gives up another Seated!!!

Haven't posted in a long while. Haven't hunted much this year. I went out to my favorite park, this past Saturday, to try and scare up a seated dime that I haven't found yet this year. Ground was perfect for detecting and digging... I hit an area that I pulled many DEEP seated dimes out of over the years and cranked up the sensitivity and scanned deep. The iron trash was surprisingly quiet for a change and I soon got a very faint silver hit that was pretty promising. After I pulled out a plug, my son starts digging out the loose dirt so that I can probe the hole. I got a sweet silver hit deep and knew I had a goodie! :bouncy: I took over the digging so my boy wouldn't stab into what ever was down there. About 10 inches deep I pull up a broken hunk of blob top bottle and some pea gravel with a large grey disc disc in it. I give it to the kid to see if he can tell what it was... I already knew it was a quarter and was hoping it was Seated. He said "It's from 1954"... I said "Gimme that!". It was 1854... I'll take it! We found a couple of Indians from the 10 inch mark and called it a day. 2 1/2 hours of hunting and we only got 6 signals to dig... the ground is getting pretty tapped out there. Take care and HH, Mike.

[attachment 277964 02novfinds.JPG]

Very glad to see you are still at it and doing well.
She's a keeper for sure. Nothing like getting out with your children to hunt.
Does your son have a big interest in the hobby?
Glad to see you posting. :cheers:

Mike,

Nice digs. I guess that you checked for a mint mark already. If it were a Huge O it would be a high dollar dig.

PryorCreekJoe

Old silver like yours Mike, seem to be almost non-existant anymore.
Every now and then someone posts a nice find of old silver, but not
like it was in the early years of detectors for sure. Congrats.....

A great looking Seated - congrats ! :clapping:

"Gimme me that".....:lol:Great story Mike and congratulations on the finds. Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

n/t