Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunted out park? NO! I hunt with the CTX!

ohio mike

My third hunt with the CTX brings me in 3 silvers! I must say, I have found silver every time and I hope I didn't just jinks myself!
I figured the park would be good enough to place that I could go to so I could play around with target trace to get kinda familiar with it!
Here is the fist dig of the day, unfortunately there was no hallmark
cddd15ce9925c6acab6837d4be363cbf.jpg

here is the second and third
79375ce304d19e7167b68bf8df5ed7fc.jpg
7adac6c728b86e71d58dada75c5242d6.jpg

heres after cleanup...
64eafd3e7f53869f3d3bc9ac203993ca.jpg

87891fd3f04ea0f81d9c1607634a4611.jpg

Not far from that I got the best coin of the day!!
1062786099740d5aa6b0173d35752bb8.jpg

65c6a0bdf784d13c79acccc287373c74.jpg

and of course a few toasted wheats like always
efd4ca1d1777d4284fd215d8198db473.jpg

I wish I would have shot some videos today to show you the nails and iron these things were coming out of the hole with! I cant say with enough stress,THIS MACHINE IS AWESOME!!!

I agree very nice machine, and great finds

realy nice, just traded my infinium ls in for ctx3030 for xmas 18 inches of snow right now will travel south next week beach hunting

Congrats Bud!!! I could tell when you called me you were excited!!! awesome hunt!

Great job!!

You are knocking em dead with the CTX!!

9129jameso said:
realy nice, just traded my infinium ls in for ctx3030 for xmas 18 inches of snow right now will travel south next week beach hunting
You are going to love it! The machine doesnt lie! Lol! If it says its there and your pulling out nails, i would bet my bottom dollar you will pull out what you was digging for in the first place!

Fine job, congratulations, I just getting started with mine and found a 43 merc second time out in hunted out park so it is all new territory with the CTX

Sweet NICE job mike,,, My wife and I ordered ours today should be in around tuesday. We came from e tracs whats the best settings to use right out of box .

Honestly, i noise cancel, ground balance and then use the stock silver program. I have seen other posts about different settings but honestly, from my personal experiences, I think I will just keep running that program. Almost forgot, I also use the target trace option.

I seriously cannot believe the nails and other metallic objects I am pulling out and the Ctx is locked onto the good one! You wont be disappointed!
Let us know how it goes, looking forward to your posts!

Mike

Thanks alot mike I wont sleep for the next 6 days .... I cant wait to start posting my finds and learning this power house. Thanks again for the nice welcome later

Auto, manual?

I never ran the ctx on auto only manual. Here in California ground is not the best. On the sensitivity panel I have it set on 22 most of the time the green numbers on the right shows 14, 16, 18. That's the sensetivity you will be at if you set on auto here in my area. I want max depth! If the machine gets unstable I wil bump it down a bit.
I don't think I would have got all those silver coins on New Year's Day if I had it set on auto.

HH

Not sure i agree with new spot because CTX was employed. I think this might be the case of hunting after pther mfg's... But not the case with following an Etrac. Sold my E and went overs its previously hunted spots with not a noticable amount of goodies. Think the ones found were just missed by Etrac sweep... As in not having the coil over the target. My detectibg partner has same result so far. Just my unbiased observation, however wish results were different. That type of marketing is what made me purchase. Not a bad machine, just expected a little more results. Sorry!

denny said:
Auto, manual?

I never ran the ctx on auto only manual. Here in California ground is not the best. On the sensitivity panel I have it set on 22 most of the time the green numbers on the right shows 14, 16, 18. That's the sensetivity you will be at if you set on auto here in my area. I want max depth! If the machine gets unstable I wil bump it down a bit.
I don't think I would have got all those silver coins on New Year's Day if I had it set on auto.

HH

I am just running auto and the preloaded silver program. Like I stated earlier, I have had no reason to switch to manual or change any other settings, it is running too smoothe!

mcb613 said:
Not sure i agree with new spot because CTX was employed. I think this might be the case of hunting after pther mfg's... But not the case with following an Etrac. Sold my E and went overs its previously hunted spots with not a noticable amount of goodies. Think the ones found were just missed by Etrac sweep... As in not having the coil over the target. My detectibg partner has same result so far. Just my unbiased observation, however wish results were different. That type of marketing is what made me purchase. Not a bad machine, just expected a little more results. Sorry!

I agree with you saying that I may have not put the coil over the target before but on another note I seriously doubt it.
The rosie I found here in the yard has been pounded with my etrac and I never heard it before and I have been all around the big immovable boulder in my yard 100 times.
The last park hunt I also have pounded with my etrac and so has another etracer and mulltiple other people you see mding in the park on a constant basis. I have hunted that particular spot before never hearing anything but iron but this time I was able to see the good target and the iron which in my opinion sets the ctx miles apart. On another note the barber and 1 of the mercs were only audible while swinging 1 way.

Thats just my personal experiences, take it for what you will.
Mike

Nice finds keep them coming I love those silvers