Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting Excal in AM/Pinpoint

erikk

Correct me if I am wrong but if you hunt in AM/Pinpoint aren't U reducing the size of your search zone? After all the pinpoint design is to help find the target thereby reducing the are of the detection .You may get a bit deeper but when you reduce the size of the area your coil will detect a target seems to me you are losing more than you gain. If you take a 10 inch DD coil and reduce it with the pinpoint ,what size are you actually hunting with? It is a big ocean and the name of the game is cover as much ground as possible. I hunt with an Excal most of the time because I want to eliminate iron, otherwise I would hunt my LS or SH2

Actually in AM/pinpoint you tend to pick up targets long before you reach them, try it and see, put a coin or something on the ground and see how far away it will register, then do the same in disc mode, you can also swing slightly faster too.
Once you pick up the target change to disc to see if its iron or not, if its a deep target quite often it wont register and you have to move some sand first to get the coil closer

Allmetal is a Large Diffused Field

Discriminate is a Narrow Concentrated Field

Click the Image to see the difference in the fields

OBN, That is a great animation of the difference between allmetal and discrimination. Thanks for the post. Don