Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting in England last week..........

Dale(Ia)

Was in England metal detecting last week & hadn't made many great finds. ( Just got back to Iowa last night! ) Was just leaving the field Friday afternoon for the last time & heading for the van when I got a 12-47 signal on the E-trac.......figured it was another "greenie" big penny but couldn't find it at first but finally a tiny silver colored thick disc fell out of a handfull of dirt. I could hardly believe that tiny piece could give that high signal! I picked it up & could see strange markings on the front & back & that it was very thick & appeared to be a hi-grade silver. Called the other guys over & they had never seen anything like it either, but we're pretty sure it is a coin & possibly Saxon or Celtic but couldn't find anything like it in the books we had.
It is only 9.2 mm diameter & weighs 1.76 grams. Off to the museum it goes for ID & recording!
Anyone has any info I would appreciate finding out what it is!

Iowa Dale

Also eyeballed this 8,000 YO Neolithic point...........less than 1" long & very translucent!

Sweet find. I hope your able to find out just how old that is and was you able to bring that home to the US or did you have to leave it there? I know one thing, your not going to find anything that old here in the US, It's got to be a great feeling to find something that old.

Well, found out it isn't near as old as it looks!:cry:

Silver 2 Fanam 1764-1807
Made for use in India by British East India Company
Obverse shows Vishnu holding Chakra in each upper hand

Oh well..........Always next time!!

Iowa Dale

That's great Dale....getting to hunt over there! I want to thank you for posting your finds and congratulate you on them! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac