Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting old campground & ski resort

pacer

Out with a couple of club members to detect a 1920s campground and 1941 ski resort in the Sierra's. Great day and between the 3 of us we found 115 coins, 8 of which were Wheaties. Myself I found 40 coins, 3 of them were Wheaties (1936s, 1941s & 1952s). I also found 2 Sacagawea dollar coins, old bottle opener with the letter "S" stamped on it and some other items as pictured. You can see one of my hunting partners detecting what was once the parking lot of the 1941 ski resort. All in all, a great day.

Looks like it was worth your time and what better place to relax and treasure hunt! I just returned from the Sierras myself but we did not have much success on finding anything old. We hit some campgrounds, lake swimming holes and old mining sights. Unfortunately we had a lot of smoke from fires in the area so the air was hard to deal with. We ended up fishing more than detecting and loaded up on trout instead.....LOL.

I think this is called a Grand Day Out. Nice to get up into the mountains and have some fun. What year did the ski resort start business?

Rich (Utah)