Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting Season.

Bell

I know for some of you folks up north detecting season is about to wind down, but here in TX its just getting ready to get started and I am stoked! Its been a 100+ with undiggable ground. So ready!

That is just crazy Bell! Up north here in Mi I can usually hunt into December, as long as the snow cover is only an inch or two. Last year a couple of friends were out in late January chiseling at the frozen dirt. That's nuts! Two years ago, I detected every winter month during a couple thaws.
Good luck and HH, amc

Here in Pa. actually early spring or late fall best time to hunt as ground is usually moist, no bugs and a light jacket amd good to go..Usually about a 3 month layoff depending on the temp.
Only one year in twenty or so did I hunt every month so have developed a walking program for the off months and some research on the net and locals libraries as location is the key.

lol Im just picturing you folks up north thawing the dirt with a propane torch and digging coins with a pick ax. I guess if your motivated enough you can hunt anytime.

Hunted all day today. Still too hot to be enjoyable thought at about 90. Still its an improvement. Got rained on pretty good in the woods, hoping the se is somewhat resistant and works next time out.