Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hunting with my 8x6 next time out...

gunwolf

E-trac has been sniffing out silver no matter what I do... I have been hunting with a friend who is using a Nox800... I found silver the last two times out... and last hunt he had the 15x12 and I had the 13" ultimate... he walked an area, and I followed... I found a silver locket and a silver ring... so just to make it fair on our next hunt I told him I would use my 8x6 sef... I have to swing slower and it won't get as deep.. but I am confident that the E-trac will not let me down... it's a super sniffer!

I really like the 13" ultimate it has great separation in my opinion and I use it often with success. I have the 8x6 too but don't use it much even though I have found silver with it .
I have found confidence and concentration is half the battle in metal detecting so l expect you will do well with the 8x6 and maybe your friend would do better with a smaller coil too .

I love my 6 x 8 SEF. I use it in the woods when you cannot swing a bigger coil. It can hit my 9" merc in my test garden with no issues. If I was in an open park, it wouldn't be my first choice.

I've found lots of silver with that coil. I also like the thick coil ears. Not worried about bumping into small trees or other stuff.

E-trac has been sniffing out silver no matter what I do... I have been hunting with a friend who is using a Nox800... I found silver the last two times out... and last hunt he had the 15x12 and I had the 13" ultimate... he walked an area, and I followed... I found a silver locket and a silver ring... so just to make it fair on our next hunt I told him I would use my 8x6 sef... I have to swing slower and it won't get as deep.. but I am confident that the E-trac will not let me down... it's a super sniffer!
I think your friend missed the targets not the Nox.