Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Huntng/Testing in 5, 10, 15 khz?

Happa54

I've only used it to cross check when I have a bottle cap number.

At times I get static in 5 and sometimes 10 then I'll have to switch to 15 then it gets stable. But other than cross checking bottle caps, I hunt in multi.

The manual says you can go deeper in these modes vs multi but I just get a lot of static.

Does anyone uses these modes... I don't read much about it's use in the forums?

Thnx for your replies.

I havent tested those yet. I meant to yesterday but forgot to check single freqs after depth testing all the multi modes. If the weather holds, I may try to do it tomorrow. Forecasting 40 MPH winds though :surprised: :surrender:

I used 5 for a hour or so because multi was way to chatty "falsy" at the spot I was in.anyway 5 ran great not a peep un l.j ess i was over a target i did switch to 15,20 but only a minute or so of b okth then back to 5.everything worked good and didn't notice any static.

This is the testing that I have been doing as well. I've been hunting in 5 and 10 quite a bit and the depth is very good and the Falsing is under control this way.
But I didn't buy this machine to hunt it in single frequencies. There is a real issue with chatty false signals with this machine in Multi. Places that my CTX runs perfectly are full of false signals and unwanted chat. Yes I know how to run a machine . Sensitivity at reasonable levels no phone in my pocket. Runs fine in single frequencies just not in multi. Not impressed. Wanted to be but not.

I don't know what to make of the chaty, falsy talk. I just haven't heard hardly any on my 800. When my buddy got his he was home bound for awhile and was shocked to find it ran quiet in his house! He could trace wires and pipes in the walls and floor with the lights on or off made no difference. People want a machine that will find small gold but not small aluminium, deep but not sparky and IDs perfectly every time. Oh yes, accurate depth gauge for all size targets in all soils. Something like that would absolutely make every other unit obsolete!

I love the machine but I agree with ct Todd mine seems to be very chatty.every sweep in tall or short grass it makes a lot of racket and high tones at end of both sweeps regularly now I can tell chat from target mostly but damn it gets tuff I'm checking more than I'd like to tbh and that's with sensitivity at 20.ground balance at 50,80 it's made no difference.and what I mean by that is every sight I've been on I do auto GB btw

That very closely matches my experience so far. Mineralized soil may be part of the issue for my area. Some places have been GBing from 40 to 65. My Deus will show at least half lit on the right in many places. Depth so far has not put the Deus to shame in the 15 -20 hours I have been out.

Final judgment reserved until I get 50 hours or more.

It's never gonna put the deus to shame the deus is 1500.ive found stuff on places I've pounded with another really popular machine because the nox does have very good separation imo but shes chatty so anyone that gets one should be able to except it or they won't be happy

Joedaddy276 said:
It's never gonna put the deus to shame the deus is 1500.ive found stuff on places I've pounded with another really popular machine because the nox does have very good separation imo but shes chatty so anyone that gets one should be able to except it or they won't be happy

Won't be happy? You must not read many forums. The far majority actually seem quite happy. My Nox has been stable in multi at every site I've been to in three states along the east coast, as well as quite a few beaches. At some locations I can set sensitivity as high as 23-24, as low as 18-19 at others. I push the horseshoe to hear all iron, noise cancel and start swinging. I haven't played with the other setting at all. I also own a few CTX's, and so far so good with the Equinox.

Don't twist it buddy I said if you can't except chatter you won't be happy!;) I like my machine it's going nowhere but to the bushes to hopefully pull good targets now chill!

And yours may be super quiet but here in Alabama I assure you the one in my hands in multi isn't.i do hunt in town but it noise cancels quite start swinging and BAM beep bloop beep beep on nothing but blades of grass! Lol and every now and then over a ihp,half penny and stuff like that.happy hunting

Probably telling you all something you already know but:

1. If my coil wire is loosely wrapped I get chatter, especially if coil hits something.

2. The other day I noticed a high tone at every end on swing to the left. Occurred to me I was carrying digger and pinpointer in my left hand at my side. Moved hand and all to behind my back and that high tone stopped.

3. Have you tried Prospecting 1? Does that stop the noise?

No I haven't,I've switched to single freq and it runs really quite.i drove 7 hours home to southwest va ran it some in my yard and its a lot quieter than bama so it may just be the dirt.anyway it's not a deal breaker I like how she feels,how it swings,all the options she has hell I feel real confident swinging it I was just saying above that shes chatty in multi and in northwest Alabama it is very chatty! Thanks for offering help though that's what makes forums great