Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I almost threw it away

JEF

troll
I found this with the Deus and 9" X35 coil on a sports field. It was very deep and I was just getting a little peep of a signal, but it was consistent. It was coated with a lot of caked on crud, and I thought it was just a piece of junk jewelry. When I got home I started to throw it in the garbage, but then decided to clean it up a little. I'm glad that I did because it is sterling silver. That is why you should always check something out, even if you think it is just junk.

Attachments

• DSC_3016.JPG
    DSC_3016.JPG
    430.7 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_3017.JPG
    DSC_3017.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 115
Ah, St Christopher, the patron saint of lost causes!

I found a pendant that was pretty heavily tarnished once. Saw the figures on the front and then the 925 on the back (later) it was in the pile of junk on the maybe side. Thats why I do that, something to do in the off time.

Great save a great advice too... I found a huge ring while beach hunting a couple years ago and almost threw it away, but held on to it.
It looked like a junker and was all discolored when I found it.
When I got home, I threw it in the tumbler with my clad and later when I got everything out, the ring was nice and shiny... I noticed something in the inside and using a magnifying glass, saw .925!!
Glad I held on to it til I got home...

Nice. I found one almost exactly like that in my 1st week of detecting when I 1st started with a BH 202. Only I couldn't find any markings on it ,, but I still have it.