Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am becoming impressed

erikk

Today I continued my testing my new F-75 by going over an area about 100 x 100 feet that I have gone over with many machines before with many different coils. One part of this area is almost solid pull tabs and is about 20 x 20 feet. Up until now this area was impossible to hunt with a DFX, CZ7a pro and a Minelab EX-2. I went over the whole area again today and did not get any coins until I got to Tab City. There I managed to pull 7 quarters (clad) 1 dime and 2 pennies. Now I realize that this is not a great amount of coins but from an area such as this I think it is super. One other find I made was a penny/dime signal @ 6-7 inches. Dug down and out came a rusted 3 inch piece of iron spike. Now I am thinking this is an iron lover just like the CZ but as always I check the hole and the probe still signals a target. Yup, a penny and right on the spike.
I am running sens @ 80 and disc @65 tone 4 GB 90 for the test. If I could just find away to get a better pinpoint I would be really happy. I am not new to the DD coil but this one is not very accurate even when you reduce the point, especially if they are deep. With my WOT I can pretty much hit a coin with the probe down to 7-8 inches so that is going to take some work

erikk...WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO TOTALLY IMPRESS YOU?

And at what price, speed and weight?.....Matt

Hi Erikk, I'd be real curious how you would do in that spot using the all metal motion mode. I think in a real junk area you might do really well, as this mode allows you to feel and almost "see" the individual targets and get a number reading on them, and it is a lot easier on the ears. I also noticed that you can search and swing the coil more slowly than in the disc mode and not lose depth, which is a real advantage in an area loaded with crap. Anyway, try it and I'd sure be interested in your finding. It also will go deeper by a couple inches. Thanks.
Ken

When it will pinpoint as well as my EX2. Still working on that and it is a bit chatty at times but I am learning to control that too. Give me a break-I only have about 10 hours on it

There is no way to go all metal. The ground is solid tabs and junk. Sometimes you can't even go to pinpoint because of all the trash. I just have to eyeball the spot and X it and dig. That is why there are still coins there after I have gone over the area with 3 other machines and coils from 5-15 inch

Hi Erikk,

Would you say youve got the EXII down pretty well?

Thank you,
Neil

and listern to the audio, that will tell you the exact center of the coil at peak.

The F-75 has to be the easiest of all units to pinpoint with using a DD coil. Watch your depth meter, listern to the VCO audio. :)

Good luck, it will come to you quite easy after a couple of times being out with it. :thumbup:

Yes, I would say that I am pretty proficient with the EX2. I have hundreds of hours on it and when I do an area with the different coils it is pretty clean as long as it is not solid trash

if the site is only 20 by 20, and you've hunted it so much with so many machines, why havent you just dug up all the tabs??(there cant be THAT many) Its the only way you'll get all the goodies, and it will just keep getting better and better every time you return. Heck, some of those "tabs" just might be gold!!! :) :) Streak!

This site is in a small park that has been used by Mexican migrant workers for the past 20-30 years. There are thousands of tabs and Corona caps.I know that there is nothing of value other than clad coins there so I just use it as a kind of test area. If I thought for a moment that there were old coins there I would clean it out but since the park was built in 1977 I don't see the point. Also every day a fresh layer of trash is added to the heap and the trash cans remain empty....

[quote erikk]Today I continued my testing my new F-75 by going over an area about 100 x 100 feet that I have gone over with many machines before with many different coils. One part of this area is almost solid pull tabs and is about 20 x 20 feet. Up until now this area was impossible to hunt with a DFX, CZ7a pro and a Minelab EX-2. I went over the whole area again today and did not get any coins until I got to Tab City. There I managed to pull 7 quarters (clad) 1 dime and 2 pennies. Now I realize that this is not a great amount of coins but from an area such as this I think it is super. One other find I made was a penny/dime signal @ 6-7 inches. Dug down and out came a rusted 3 inch piece of iron spike. Now I am thinking this is an iron lover just like the CZ but as always I check the hole and the probe still signals a target. Yup, a penny and right on the spike.
I am running sens @ 80 and disc @65 tone 4 GB 90 for the test. If I could just find away to get a better pinpoint I would be really happy. I am not new to the DD coil but this one is not very accurate even when you reduce the point, especially if they are deep. With my WOT I can pretty much hit a coin with the probe down to 7-8 inches so that is going to take some work[/quote]

No quarters given John on this post.

erik said he was only 'becoming impressed' !!!!!!!!!!

From his own description, he should BE IMPRESSED.

If he has had an Ex over the same spot, then he should be DEPRESSED with it, and ELATED with the 75's finds.

What does a guy need to realise the difference. A lightening strike?

How long did it take Minelab to get a pin-point function on their Ex's? The F75 has been out but a few months and its kicking dirt.

People ask for speed, coverage, separation, etc., When they get it, they have to have the bottle to handle it, and if you take it into a 'Tab tip' then don't expect the goodies to be layed out on velvet trays..........Me, sharp?....Intolerant may be a better description where the F75 is concerned. IT's SO Easy. IT's SO GOOD, I take no prisoners on this one........Luuuuuuuv........Matt.

Oh yes John, I forgot to raise the point.

Erikk states he had the Sens. at 80. Ground at 90...in an infested site ( regardless of where he had his disc )

They're the setting of a Kamikaze detectorist !!!

Erikk's had hundreds of hours detecting, so I'm sure he's a hard case, and wont mind a ribbing from "Little old wine drinking me"

I just want to remind him that the Fisher F75 is not 'A blunt instrument' like the Ex's, but more of a refind rapier.

(p.s....luuuuuuvvvv to erikk as well)

[quote MattR][quote erikk]Today I continued my testing my new F-75 by going over an area about 100 x 100 feet that I have gone over with many machines before with many different coils. One part of this area is almost solid pull tabs and is about 20 x 20 feet. Up until now this area was impossible to hunt with a DFX, CZ7a pro and a Minelab EX-2. I went over the whole area again today and did not get any coins until I got to Tab City. There I managed to pull 7 quarters (clad) 1 dime and 2 pennies. Now I realize that this is not a great amount of coins but from an area such as this I think it is super. One other find I made was a penny/dime signal @ 6-7 inches. Dug down and out came a rusted 3 inch piece of iron spike. Now I am thinking this is an iron lover just like the CZ but as always I check the hole and the probe still signals a target. Yup, a penny and right on the spike.
I am running sens @ 80 and disc @65 tone 4 GB 90 for the test. If I could just find away to get a better pinpoint I would be really happy. I am not new to the DD coil but this one is not very accurate even when you reduce the point, especially if they are deep. With my WOT I can pretty much hit a coin with the probe down to 7-8 inches so that is going to take some work[/quote]

No quarters given John on this post.

erik said he was only 'becoming impressed' !!!!!!!!!!

From his own description, he should BE IMPRESSED.

If he has had an Ex over the same spot, then he should be DEPRESSED with it, and ELATED with the 75's finds.

What does a guy need to realise the difference. A lightening strike?

How long did it take Minelab to get a pin-point function on their Ex's? The F75 has been out but a few months and its kicking dirt.

People ask for speed, coverage, separation, etc., When they get it, they have to have the bottle to handle it, and if you take it into a 'Tab tip' then don't expect the goodies to be layed out on velvet trays..........Me, sharp?....Intolerant may be a better description where the F75 is concerned. IT's SO Easy. IT's SO GOOD, I take no prisoners on this one........Luuuuuuuv........Matt.

Oh yes John, I forgot to raise the point.

Erikk states he had the Sens. at 80. Ground at 90...in an infested site ( regardless of where he had his disc )

They're the setting of a Kamikaze detectorist !!!

Erikk's had hundreds of hours detecting, so I'm sure he's a hard case, and wont mind a ribbing from "Little old wine drinking me"

I just want to remind him that the Fisher F75 is not 'A blunt instrument' like the Ex's, but more of a refind rapier.

(p.s....luuuuuuvvvv to erikk as well)[/quote]
I agree it is a great machine but it is not the second coming. There are places that you just cannot use the F75 and I was at one today. No matter what I did it would not get even close to being stable. Granted there wwere a lot of electrical things in the area but I have hunted this place before with the EX2 with no problems, So, out came the EX2 and the hunt was on.
Finally left that area and went to another and there it ran great. It was a school that had been and is hammered daily but they are notching out tabs so I had a field day diging the 29-31's nickels, and quarters that were next to trash.
IMHO there is no ONE detector that will do it all and it is foolish to think that there is. I think that with the F75 and the EX2 I can cover just about all the bases as each detector has it's strong points and weaknesses. Knowing when to us the correct one is the secret for succes

I agree it is a great machine but it is not the second coming. There are places that you just cannot use the F75 and I was at one today. No matter what I did it would not get even close to being stable. Granted there wwere a lot of electrical things in the area but I have hunted this place before with the EX2 with no problems, So, out came the EX2 and the hunt was on.
Finally left that area and went to another and there it ran great. It was a school that had been and is hammered daily but they are notching out tabs so I had a field day diging the 29-31's nickels, and quarters that were next to trash.
IMHO there is no ONE detector that will do it all and it is foolish to think that there is. I think that with the F75 and the EX2 I can cover just about all the bases as each detector has it's strong points and weaknesses. Knowing when to us the correct one is the secret for succes

Hello erikk!

Thank you for you reply.

I agree absolutely, that there is no one machine for everything.
although the Ex, in theory is supposedly just that.
But, like human beings, it has limitations.

I also accept the F75 is sensitive to certain forms of interference, for its filters are minimal to achieve the speed etc.

That is why I was amazed that you used sensitivity settings like 80, and had your ground balance at 90.
Even if you can't ground balance on some particular site for whatever reason, I would recommend that you manually set it to 60.
Can you tell me exactly what counter measures you took on the last site that was so bad regarding interference?
You say that there are lots of sources of interference. Can you give us some clue as to what they are?

Got to give you credit, you are a trier!

I would just like to see if it is possible to use the F75 in these places that so far have proven difficult....even if you have to run it at sensitivity ONE !!!!!!!!!!!.........Matt.

p.s,

Hi John....hope you are well and still pulling the goodies....Matt

[quote MattR]
I agree it is a great machine but it is not the second coming. There are places that you just cannot use the F75 and I was at one today. No matter what I did it would not get even close to being stable. Granted there were a lot of electrical things in the area but I have hunted this place before with the EX2 with no problems, So, out came the EX2 and the hunt was on.
Finally left that area and went to another and there it ran great. It was a school that had been and is hammered daily but they are notching out tabs so I had a field day digging the 29-31's nickels, and quarters that were next to trash.
IMHO there is no ONE detector that will do it all and it is foolish to think that there is. I think that with the F75 and the EX2 I can cover just about all the bases as each detector has it's strong points and weaknesses. Knowing when to us the correct one is the secret for success

Hello erikk!

Thank you for you reply.

I agree absolutely, that there is no one machine for everything.
although the Ex, in theory is supposedly just that.
But, like human beings, it has limitations.

I also accept the F75 is sensitive to certain forms of interference, for its filters are minimal to achieve the speed etc.

That is why I was amazed that you used sensitivity settings like 80, and had your ground balance at 90.
Even if you can't ground balance on some particular site for whatever reason, I would recommend that you manually set it to 60.
Can you tell me exactly what counter measures you took on the last site that was so bad regarding interference?
You say that there are lots of sources of interference. Can you give us some clue as to what they are?

Got to give you credit, you are a trier!

I would just like to see if it is possible to use the F75 in these places that so far have proven difficult....even if you have to run it at sensitivity ONE !!!!!!!!!!!.........Matt.

p.s,

Hi John....hope you are well and still pulling the goodies....Matt[/quote]

The area i was hunting was 2 football fields one on each side of a maintenance department where there were several big air conditioners running and transformers & other big electric stuff that was fenced in and I haven't a clue what they were,
The reason I wanted to hunt this place with the F75 is that I took about $50-60.00 in quarters out of the 1st field as well as a silver WL half. I know that there are more coins being masked and are at the 10+ inch level as that is where the coins are being dug. Another problem is that they have just put more dirt over the top to top dress and re plant the grass to get ready for the new season.
I have 0 mineralization down here in most places so I just set the GB anywhere I can to get it to be the most quiet. Sometimes I am a 1 and other times at the other end. Whatever works. I usually run Disc @ 65 in places like this first and just go for the high end coins. There are too many tabs and scrap, not to mention underground sprinkler system to bother with the rest. I also have to be careful of the holes as the crew watch me like a hawk and if I dig too many I am out of there.
Now I know that if I can get the f75 to work I will get the masked coins but so far no luck. All I have been able to do is go with the EX2 and a 5" coil, It works pretty well but it is slow and there is a lot of ground to cover.I started with the WOT,dropped down to the 12 SunRay, the 10.5, 8 and now the 5. Each time I downsize I pull more coins.
That is why I wanted to go with the f75 with the rapid recovery and separation but it is not going to work because of all the electric interference. There are even underground cables surrounding the fields to supply the big overhead lighting systems.
Therefore although the f75 is a great machine there are some places where it just will not work and others will and is the reason that I am not a 1 detector person.I learned this lesson very early when I started with a D-Tex BFO (don't suppose you remember them) and then got a Whites TR66. With those 2 machines I could cover just about anyplace I went and was it ever fun to hunt BT (before tabs)
BTW I even tried Disc @ 6, Sens @10 and GB all over the chart

Hello Erikk!
I just got my F75 in today so time will tell is I'm going to like it or no.

Regarding PinPointing problems with DD coils. I also own an SE and no less than 7 coils for it. Interesting, something I've learned is, if I'm having trouble pinpointing, I've got sensitivity or Gain set too high or possibly both. I realize the F75 doesn't have a separate manual GAIN setting. Your setting of SENSITIVITY @ 80 just sounds a tad high to me. I didn't realize this until just recently having acquired a 17.5 Excelerator coil for the SE. Immediately, using the coil I began experiencing major PP problems. Dropping SENSITIVITY down to 16 (GAIN to 7) on my SE now allows the coil to pinpoint exactly dead center at least at the local park I visit regularly. Funny, I've now found each of my coils (4.5x7 to 17.5) require different S-G settings to pinpoint accurately. Try it out, it can only help or no. :)

GRB