Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am curious CTX

pulltabfelix

Once this was a very active forum and that makes sense. But I am wondering how many still hunt with the CTX or did everyone jump and buy the Equinox?

As for me in March 2018 I jumped and bought the 800. But now I am much more confident and satisfied with the CTX than using the 800 for three years. Only had it two weeks, but on the 800 in two weeks I was still lost. 5 weeks, 10 weeks... it took me a long time to learn the 800 but after 3 years, I just got tired of all those jumpy TID's and averaged TID's which meant nothing but digging the target to find out what you had below your coil. Yes, I know, should hunt in 50 tones and learn all the subtle nuances between two completely different target with the same TID or one digit off. My old ears just never could figure out those subtle audio tones. With the CTX there is a whole lot more to go on for target ID's rather than trying to figure out subtle tone differences. I am not trying to slam the 800, it is just not the right detector for me.

I used a NOX 800 past 3 years, also had a 600 as backup sold it and got a very nice once used CTX3030 for a great price. The CTX just clicked with me I read tons of info a few books before I turned it on, I had it for a little over 2 months and love the CTX. I have about 150 hours on it in the 2 months The CTX has become one with me I always adjust settings when at different locations I have my programs and tweak when needed for conditions. My NOX found several gold rings, silver rings, a $5 gold eagle, and in 2020 49 silver coins, 2021 33 silver coins, since getting the CTX in October 2021 I have gotten 8 silver coins 6 pre 1900, 5 Indian heads, couple Buffalos, 2 V nickels, and 24 wheaties most pre 1925. Ive been here with the nox, at pro, fisher f70, and found very few pre 1925 coins and wrote the place off. After getting the CTX this place was close to my house 2 miles so i used it for developing my skills on the CTX. This ground is very mineralised on CTX the suggested sensitivity (the green number) is usually between 5-7 if run in auto +3 im lucky to get 9-11 auto sensitivity. I run it a lot hotter. Ive been working a 5 foot strip along sidewalk of an 1850's park and about 40 foot long. In over 100 hours I have dug well over 300 coins including clad, silver coins, Indian heads, wheats, and 9 tokens. Ive been going through with different settings then a different, seperation modes and its still spitting coins out. There is an average of 4-6 targets under the 11 inch coil good/bad there is a ton of iron. I still love my NOX 800 but the CTX if you can understand how it works, why making changes to settings and use that knowledge for tough areas with slag, nails, iron, mineralization, etc you can pick out the passed over difficult targets.