Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am looking for a coil rod and and the shaft that it goes into on an Infinium rod.

plugger

Hi, I am looking for a partial or complete Shaft for either the Infinium or Sea Hunter (assuming they are both the same). Cosmetic condition is not important because all I want to do with them is try to figure out a shaft lock to eliminate the "wobble" effect from that large coil and the loose fit of the stock rod. I intend to do some destructive testing with the complete shaft and see if I can't find a solution.

Plugger

A few of my pictures of a very effective DIY stem lock have been on a couple of the Infinium forums in the past, from memory I think a few years back.
One of the Infinium forum where it was posted a few times, have changed, moved or closed, can't seem to find it no more.

ivanll

Hey, check the mods forum:wiggle:Happy Hunting!:)

I rigged my infinium at a cost of about $15.00, pick up some schedule 40 plastic pipe, 3/4 " dia the kind used in sprinkler systems at your local HD or Lowes. Then get about a foot of 4" plastic pipe you cut this in half for the cuff. Cut the 3/4 pipe at a length so you have a little adjustment, the original lower shaft will fit inside snuggly, no wobble. Screw the 1/2 cut 4" pipe for the cuff at a position that feels good on your arm. Now pickup up the short handles at Walmart for about $7.00 for two and use one for your hand hold. It works well