Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

i am new to this whole GPS thing

dobbie

My hubby went and brought home a Magellen 2000. couldnt complain as he only paid 40 bux for it brand new. pretty cool for our van but i want something for geocaching / metal detecting off road in the wilderness type stuff. The magellen dosnt do that. (I emailed them and asked ) :thumbdown: so now heres the age old question....What would be the best off road Gps for under $ 300 ? handheld. thanx

I sure like my Magellan Triton 1500. You don't see a used one very often, but one comes up on Ebay now and then. Accessories from Magellan were/are half price too and I bought the two state topo map and backup memory card with a better road map as well for $50. All of this was well below $300.

I also use the Garmin GPSmap 60CSX. Great little unit. Mounts in my cars, is waterproof, shockproof. Just can't say anything bad about this unit. I have used it in Alaska and Canada for Geocaching. Always had dead on accuracy . Never got lost in some real remote areas. It's a real winner:clapping:

I have bought and sold many GPS's.
Many many different brands.
Newer garmin Oregon 400t is super.
So is the garmin 60csx but you have to load the maps in the 60csx.
The 400T has the Topos already in it. Very accurate and good detail.

Checkout Delorme.com

Great handhelds and many map possibilities along with overlaid aerials.