Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am now ready to call the Equinox 800 the real deal...

Ok, I am ready to call the Equinox 800 the real deal. Yep, it is a keeper for sure. This my 4th silver in about 8 hunts with the Equinox. Each hunt has only been 1 to 2 hours so I don't have a lot of time on this machine. I was running Park 1 with sensitivity on 22, reactivity up to 4 from my usual 2. I only got one keeper today but it was way down there!!! It was between 10 and 12 inches deep. All I was getting was a "chirp". I am used to that on the 3030 and know it is going to be 10 to 13.5 inches with the 17 inch coil. I was using the 11 inch on the Equinox when I got the chirp. I bumped the sensitivity up to 24 and the chirp was more pronounced. I dug an 8 inch deep plug and the chirp was not in the plug. I spread out my cloth on the ground and started digging out more dirt. I dug a couple more inches deep and it was still in the hole. A couple more inches and it was now on the cloth. My first look at it and I could not recognize what it was. As you look at the pictures you will see was I was seeing as I tried to clean it up a bit. 1899 Barber dime at 3030 depths. Now that is performing machine!!! Once I get the 15x12 inch coil, the 3030 may become my backup machine. LOL Thanks for looking.

Well done! What is reactivity? I haven't read the owners manual word for word...It is snowing as I write this!

Ted S said:
Well done! What is reactivity? I haven't read the owners manual word for word...It is snowing as I write this!

Ted,

Recovery speed is what Minelab calls it. Called reactivity on the Deus. Sorry about that.

Joe

I am waiting on the big Equinox coil to see what it will bring to the table, but my stock 11 inch coil is spanking my big ctx coil all over the place jmo

You are on your A game Joe if your picking out deep ones with just a few hours under your belt :clapping:
Jeff

"Now that is performing machine!!!" At ...... what a 1/3 of the price....now theres the impressive factor. Sell the CTX....... buy another and pocket the difference.

Great machine just got a CC 1876 seated quarter in a spot i've hunted a lot!!! It was a big surprise to see a CC mint mark here in the NE and my second 1876 this year!

Joe --

As Laplander said, with only a handful of hours on the unit, and you are already nabbing coins from depths that the "average" detectorist would struggle to ever reach, you are DEFINITELY on your "A" game!

This is a deep machine, and anyone who disagrees has either REALLY funky soil, a bad unit, or simply does not know how to use the machine. And as Dewcon said -- at 1/3 the price? Wow.

Great job, Joe! When describing your hunt, and your Barber dime dig, you said you found only one "keeper," but it sounds to me like you found "two!" ;)

Steve

Joe,
Pleased to see your early success with the 800. My detecting hobby started off with the Garrett 250---moved up to the Deus---followed all the hype on the 800 and then dived in and bought one ! Most of my detecting is beach related so the Deus had to go. Good machine in the fields etc but poor on the beach. Two lovely silver rings and one gold, all very good signals and good depth on each with my Equinox. Yes Joe, like you, I am very pleased with my choice---early days yet but the machine is doing the business for me. Good hunting.:clapping:

I'm real happy with my 600. Plenty of deep silver so far and no cord to get in the way! I use earbuds, and between no headphone cord and such a light machine, I feel like so much weight has been lifted! I miss the pure Etrac tones, but the 50 tone setting seems close enough (started with 5, but getting used to 50). How can you go wrong with this cheap, yet powerful (and waterproof) machine? Us older guys (I'll be 60 in a few days) have been blessed with this machine.. one that can be swung all weekend, find the goods and still allows us to get to work on Monday with no soreness and feeling great!:beers:

I'm liking mine as well. Excellent find !

Thanks for sharing.

Rich (Utah)

MT....... i believe i have a ring like yours. Lets not forget the warranty....... 3 years. Most of us who own an Xcal can appreciate that. I mean an hour of labor after the warranty...... you are looking at $100.... or replacing it yourself.