Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am undecided on a DFX or VX3

pedrod

I can buy either machine for about 1070.00 after tax with the promo coupon they have. I get that I obtain the option for headless earphones, the 9.5 concentric coil. However, I can buy the DFX standard model (not the 300) and get the 12" and 9.5" coil and I will get the rechargeable batteries.

because I get two coils and the rechargeable batteries I think the DFX is not that bad of a deal.

Now I guess it comes down to what can three frequencies do for me that the DFX cannon. I am a jewlery hunter, I only hunt at parks, schools, and fresh water lakes so I want to have the best dector for jewelry hunting.

Thanks for your time!

IM still somewhat new in the hobby my self but i would look at your whole sitituation like this. your looking at the detectors as a base unit with the coils they come with. you can always upgrade/get more coils down the road to get more out of the machine. with the v series you will keep alot more doors open in the future on options for detecting. the main one is wireless headphones. I'm not able to speak for everyone but i love the wireless headphones. i love not being tied to the detector. I have noticed the faster you can get the target out of the ground the faster you can get moved on to more/other targets. with the wireless headphones when i get something pinpointed, I'm able to drop to a knee while pulling my digger out, set the detector down not having to worry about cords or taking head phones off. and get my pointer out. recovery time is normally 10-30 seconds for targets under 6 inch's.

i would give :thumbup: for the V series. I'm not very knowledged in both of your choices here but i do have a v3i and know the vx3 similar. you can always get more coils down the road and the rechargable battery so thats not the greatest thing to base choice on.

Iv'e read some expert comparisons of these machines and the Spectras out perform the DFX. It's alot newer. easy to use where the DFX has a steep learning curve.I own the VX3 and like it alot HH

I have the V3i and and in my opinion the DFX I used was harder to learn. I think the VX3 would have more performance but the DFX is a very good machine in the right hands. The wireless headphones are a definite plus...

:hot:the wireless headphones are just brilliant,i wont use any thing else.

There are a few used DFX units that are offered for sale every now and then on the various forums....I picked up a used one in mint condition last year for $400....I later sold it and I now have a V3i....a much better unit in my opinion.

The point is that if you are undecided and are leaning towards a DFX - then I suggest that you try to pick up a used one because your financial loss will be negligible on the used one but if you buy a new one and then later decide to sell it - you are going to take a big hit dollar wise.

DonM said:
There are a few used DFX units that are offered for sale every now and then on the various forums....I picked up a used one in mint condition last year for $400....I later sold it and I now have a V3i....a much better unit in my opinion.

The point is that if you are undecided and are leaning towards a DFX - then I suggest that you try to pick up a used one because your financial loss will be negligible on the used one but if you buy a new one and then later decide to sell it - you are going to take a big hit dollar wise.

Good and valid point Don!

I sure wouldn't be buying a new DFX. The used ones can easily be bought for half.

I had a DFX and it was a good machine.I have a VX3 and a V3i now and a couple of other detectors.
If your choice is between the DFX and VX3 you will be better off with the VX3.The VX3 and V3i are
like a DFX on steroids. Gary

I would go for the VX3 because of the Wireless Headphone option and the VX3 upgradeable.
With the DFX, yes it's a deal with the coils but the rechargeable battery and charger come as standard equipment - so you are not getting a deal there.
Hope this helps,
Andrea

I would get the VX3 it has a color screen also the dfx will be discontinued this summer they have stopped production of this model and the vx3 replaces it on the detector line up.

The VX3 is the better machine even though they are priced the same. The VX3 is more of a pick up and go machine and not hard to learn unlike the V3i which will smoke both of them but will require more learning. Either way if you get the VX3 or V3i make sure your coils are V-rated or you will lose power after a bit and wonder why your not finding as much or finding anything very deep. With the V3i or the VX3 using a V rated 12 inch coil you can pull coins buried 3 feet deep. Again make sure its a V RATED COIL .

Once again, your post is not correct.

haha! 3 feet, that would have to be a huge coin lol. seriously though my 500 dollar used dfx bought my v3i, and i havent looked back, would you buy a 10 year old computer or a new one if they cost the same? the vx3 v3i is a huge improvement.

These are ridiculous claims and should be ignored by everyone. All your statements are bunk.
[attachment 228174 cop.gif]