Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I bet the other mfg's are squrming looking at the deus...

I didn't realize the Dues has been around for two years! Wow it is outdated har har. They should be able to make one now that is smaller and lighter.
Thanks and HH - BF

Deus is on the market for some 2 years and 4 months. It is constantly changing it is already a second software version, there were changes of the elbow rest, handle, remote to stem connection, camlocks and headphones,

Technology is universal . . . . . . many hunters overseas use US built detectors as well as those deigned in Australia and built in Malaysia . . . . . I think most of us woudl tend to use what works rather that blindly saying it has to be be designed and built here . . . . . would be great if they were but there are some prety talented designers outside our borders as well.

Andy

I didn't realize they were serviced in the USA my bad on that one fellas I wasn't demeaning the detector or it being built overseas it sounds like a pretty cool concept I was just worried about the service on it if ever need be! By the way Andy I enjoying reading your books and field test reports on various detectors!

We in Poland have been using American made detectors for about 30 years and only rarely there were any problems with service or parts. I think the same will apply in the other direction, electronics is universal.

deus software update V3 is on its way in the summer`
we wait to see what has been improved

As far as the cost of the coils, yes they are more than the run-of-the-mill VLF or multi-frequency coil but with only two to choose from, your max outlay is somewhat limited. People do have piles of coils for other detectors but with the electronics in the coil, do not expect to see a number of after-market options produced for the Deus. In testing the stock coil in amny different areas it handles trash as well as any 8" DD coil does yet still provides good coverage and the depth one would expect. The larger coil adds coverage and some increase in depth although the biggest advantage is the coverage - well suited for the beach or open areas as others including Barry have stated.

Coil prices can pretty steep . . . . look at some of the optional coils for the GPX detectors whcih already cost 3X what the Deus does . . . . Nugget Finder coils run up to just under $600 each with no electronics in them but if they work, they sell - that simple.

I know several X-Terra users that have a pile of coils that cost more than the detector itself . . . . . but if they fit a niche, then they are worth it. If you look at the need to buy 3 coils to get the 3 frequencies on the X-Terra and the Deus offers 4 out of the box, that should play into the mix (and yes Larry, before you post that White's also offers different frequencies with the stock coil, I was only showing that you get some versatility with the Deus and a single coil).

It comes down to what you want the detector to do and what factors are important to you . . . . . no one, including me, has said that one should sell whatever they are using and grab a Deus . . . . it is simply another high-performing detector that joins the ranks of others on the market that might appeal more to people that found what they felt was more important to be lacking elsewhere. Even before the Deus was introduced formally to the US market, there are people that swear by Minelab units as well as White's, Fisher, Teknetics, Garrett, Tesoro and DetectorPro among others and they all seemed to be finding some pretty impressive targets . . . . . sort of like the "Ford-Dodge-Chevy" arguement . . . . .there is no perfect detector for everyone . . . . . the Deus simply offers different features, capabilities and performance . . . . . which may or may not be what you have been looking for . . . .

Andy Sabisch

Just over 2 years back when the Deus first arrived at our house in the UK I made up a in the field charging kit so that I could carry on detecting while the coil was charging up.

I had a pod to hold a AA battery and about a meter of wire down to a spare charging clip on the coil.

After about 30 minutes there was enough charge in the coil to remove it to finish off the session.

I soon learned to charge the coil up after every trip and dont have to use the emergency kit these days.Jerry. :cheers:

It will top off the charge in about 30 minutes allowing you to stay in the field . . . . . but with the battery life and the ability to recharge in the car on the way to the site, a dead battery should not really be an issue very often . . . . and a full charge takes under 2 hours anyway.

Andy

Hi Andy,

This was the XP Deus emergency pod as supplied by them 2 years back, but the lead was too short so I replaced it with a longer one.

With this one you dont stop detecting.

ATB,

Jerry. :beers:

JBM said:
... I made up a in the field charging kit so that I could carry on detecting while the coil was charging up.

Jerry. :cheers:

There is one question answered, Can you hunt while the coil is charging? Thanks!

Yes, using my method.

Thats why I extended the lead to about a metre, just tape the wire to the stem to stop it waving about and the pod to the underside of the handle.simples.:thumbup: Jerry.