Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I bet the other mfg's are squrming looking at the deus...

I am thinking we are looking at the future of detecting for sure. Mfg's of the heavy detector better be taking notes. because the weight is really a selling point! Now that XP has made this, we can all see what is possible as far a technology. We all knew electrical components were getting smaller and smaller. Finally someone put it to good use!! Hats off to XP for raising the bar.

HH - BF

Yep, lightweight, fast, powerful and wireless! Most of the customer base is probably middle to upper age, have been around the block, and want to be able to comfortably hunt with a capable machine. The price is really not a issue for this demographic, a good set of golf clubs or a trip to vegas or a health club membership are about of equal or greater expense.
Mud

Robin, it will be real interesting to see who comes out with what, or to know what current projects get scrapped from a drawing board after this release. Weight has been an issue with me since my elbow injury. Wireless will be nice. As far as performance...We'll just have to see what kind of proof ....is in this pudding

In the more than two years it has been on the market there has been no reaction so far from other brands. I guess something will happen at some point but it isn't exactly a snap reaction.

I don't think they are too worried.It was the same when the xp goldmax power was released....although not wireless it is light and extremely quick in the iron with the same sort of performance as the deus.It quickly became extremely popular over here in europe for finding small hammered coins in the iron but people still buy other makes of detector just as much as they always have.Like the goldmax power the deus cannot do everything perfectly.....it's a brilliant piece of kit but there are other detectors out there that will do certain things better.

according to a certain gent on the whites forum hierarchy they arent too concerned about the deus !
he reckons users arent worried about weight !
i wont mention any names .

I thought one of the major brands would have bought them out or teamed up to come out with a hybrid of their own detector, like a wireless etrac that weighs half as much :)

Joe

I don't think so Fang, I just can't see the wireless coils catching on. The high cost of accessory coils and having to charge them every 10 hours of use is an inconvenience to me, not a sellable asset. A wire from the coil to the micro controller and then a wireless link to the headphones makes much more sense to me. I do like the lightweight design and micro electronics and upgradablity though. I should get my Deus today and will know more as the weeks pass.

they may not have the engineers capable of doing a clone .

targets said:
they may not have the engineers capable of doing a clone .

There are also patents to worry about. If other manufacturer tries to make a Xp Deus clone, a lawsuit may follow.:smoke:

I like a multitude of coil options for the units I use. If I am going to have to pay $500 per coil, that's going to put a major negative point in my overall evaluation of the machine in deciding if I should get one.

Right now it's a 'no' based on that.

I think that is great Larry that you are also getting one to try. With you and Ray putting it through its pace's it will be good to see both your thought's.

I and many others on here buy only US made detectors and believe it or not I am not going to change!! Due to the fact of service if need be and turn around time.

88,American models such as the fisher f75 and the teknetics T2 will still give the Deus a run for it's money in amongst the trash.They won't be much different in depth capabilities also.

I have used both detectors you have mentioned in the past and they are OK, but Deus I use now is much better, lighter, not susceptible to EMI, versatile, deep and evolutionary.

Larry (IL) said:
I don't think so Fang, I just can't see the wireless coils catching on. The high cost of accessory coils and having to charge them every 10 hours of use is an inconvenience to me, not a sellable asset. A wire from the coil to the micro controller and then a wireless link to the headphones makes much more sense to me. I do like the lightweight design and micro electronics and upgradablity though. I should get my Deus today and will know more as the weeks pass.

I can see positives AND negatives with this machine. I am reading all I can about it before I decide to lay $1900 on the table for one. There are still some questions that need to be answered... all in time I guess. :)

One thing that wonders me is that built-in option for wireless headphones haven't caught on more. It shouldn't be that complicated or expensive and I think a lot of people would find it a nice feature.

Schultzie the coil lasts on a charge somewhat longer than that. It also charges up fast like in 2-3 hours with supplied charger. The control box and headset take about 1/2 hour longer to charge. I bought for $22 the fast charger that uses one AA battery and can fast chare the coil in about 1 hour and also doubles as a light with like 9 leds in it for a small flashlight for night hunting with the control boxes backlight screen. This fast charger can only charge one thing at a time but the coil goes first way before the other 2 items discharge so not a problem really.

I also got the car charger for $22 so I can charge them all at the same time while driving to and from a hunting site so really no problems with having a fully charged ready to go unit at all times. Fast charger can be handy while eating some lunch and be ready to go for 15 more hours on the coil.

Charge in the coil last for some 15 hrs, depending on the setting. When I go on the detecting trip I use Power Bank for iPad/iPhone 5000 mHh charged throug USB port, which I can use for some 3 months from one charge and using triple cable from standard or car charger I can charge 3 pieces at one time. It takes approx. the same time as from the standard charger.