Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Call my E-TracTriple Diamond

Arturo de Zorro

I have used conduct mode 90% of the time on my first XS then I got a Explorer II and also used the conduct mode. So using the E-trac in conduct was like a walk in the park. I got the E-trac Friday evening, then Sat. morning I went out for about three hours, I went first to a creek park that I and my partner have hunted with ours Explorer for the past 6 years and the last 6 or 7 times there, no more coins have come up. I set up the E-trac in factory coin pattern in semi-auto---deep off---fast off---trash density low---volume 30---gain 24---response normal---threshold pitch 30---tone multi. I noticed no improvement in the screen glare, I did also notice that the E-trac resets itself between targets much quicker than my Explorer II. The E-trac was sounding off like a popcorn machine and I was still able to hear the difference in tones it had great separation between targets. My Explorer II seems to melts the tones together between close targets. I had very few faults highs if any. Every tone I heard I was able to make it repeat again and never had a tone signal that just disappeared. It did null some but it came out of the null without having to stop my swing and when it seem like I had more than three tones under the coil I flipped to QuickMask and I was able to separate each target and ID them without any bleed over from the other signals. So prior to the hunt I decided to dig only signals with a low ferrous number and a conduct of 36 and higher. After an hour I ended up with 15 aluminum screw caps and one wheat penny, never dug that many caps with the Explorer's ferrous # being 6 and 7. This is an area about 100

Be careful with the coin pattern .I bench tested mine an it would not pick up a 64 half but would pick up a walker half . I hunt in quickmask. I hunt in auto +2 deep on picth hold HH RonC

Ron----Go in and take out (edit out) that upper right (horizontal) bar on your screen in the coins mode and it will pick up that '64 half GREAT.

I have been working with the UK Roman and nail reject patterns. In my conditions (farm fields) Deeper coin targets have their ferrous values dramatically effected by the soil mineralization and/or co-located targets. Often times, the ferrous values will be jumping around from 1 right thru the mid 20's often settling near 22. Obviously the coin program with its bottom ferrous value of 18 could present a problem, possibly rejecting good targets.

thus lies the problem, if you dont dig the screwcaps and pulltabs, you leaving half dimes, half reales, flying eagles etc etc... when messing with my coil pattern where all US coins including gold are accepted, it looks very similar to a trash pattern up to the 39 range.
I know many think this is not a problem, but if your in trash I guarantee you are going to start ignoring good targets.. at least the Little ferrous difference on the explorer gave you the abilty to dig a few of them, even in fairly high trash.
I think this machine will be good for hunt in light trash, and perhaps old sites without modern trash, but again with the ferrous tones gone even makes it tougher there.. anyway you better keep the explorer if you want to hunt all coins in trash and have at least a small chance at them..
I really really want to know why they messed with the ferrous numbers... it is like having this huge screen to use but nothing good comes in on but maybe an 8th of it..

I would pay 2 grand for one where they had a huge variety of options that you could program thru the USB port.. that would be cool..
set it up to be as it is, or overwrite it all and make it an explorer or sovereign type response and you pick and choose menu options.. be like having 3 or 4 detectors in one

Jim upstate NY said:
I really really want to know why they messed with the ferrous numbers... it is like having this huge screen to use but nothing good comes in on but maybe an 8th of it..

I am dumbfounded by this as well Jim. Why expand the screen, only to make a single line (FE12) have all the coins on it? Even worse, a lot of common trash hits on that same line! I am a bit cynical of Minelab at this point, especially after the "new" SE Pro machine and the Excal 2 "upgrades". I think we are being setup for another suckerpunch called an E-TRAC2 or E-TRAC Pro with the ability to use ferrous audio wide open as well as feedback info from the entire screen. They will also probably show how proud they are of it with a $1999 MSRP.

Again this park has dried up when it comes to coins, I was digging only targets that gave a conduct of 40 or more. After 2 hours I had eleven screw caps three clad dimes and 4 pennies. The coins started showing up after I only dug 42 and higher in conduct, I guess I will have to drag my Explorer II along with a small coil to see which targets show a 6 or 7 ferrous number, maybe Minelab will have a recall and fix this simple problem.

that all read 12-40. The next 12-40 reading you get you will be slow to dig even though you are in an area with seated dimes. Seems 12-40 is an extremely popular number on my ET as yesterday I dug 3 nails that hit there, along with 4 soda can tops and all repeated in 4 directions.:thumbdown: They read 9 inches deep and ended up being 4-4.5 inches on the nails, 2-8 inches deep on the cans. The ID and depth on mine just plain sucks. The idea of having to do this and having to do that to get proper ID is kind of funny to me as this is the most expensive coin shooter detector in the world, is it not???? Now you have to switch into quik mask from smart screen to double check your poor ID and people are talking about this, like it's some kind of benefit:rofl: People need to pull their heads out of ML's butt and realize in a great many ways, we got screwed on this detector and it's ill-thought out screen, poor ID, lousy depth, crappier tones, and ML's complete removal of an easy way to hunt in all metal; the actual deepest, most accurate ID'ing mode on ALL metal detectors, especially every detector ML has ever made. Fact is all Explorer's would blend and change ID's in different soils and with co-located targets, so where do people get the idea that some how ML woke up one morning and learned how to do away with that?? They didn't, it's the same sloppy ID, actually MUCH MORE sloppy ID. My SE's, if you turn a coin on edge or lay it flat it reports the exact same ferr/con #'s. On this ET, it reads all over the place once you turn the coin 5 degrees or more, and those coordinates are shared with falsing iron and trash AND that exact same scenario worsens with depth. And I am not talking 8-10 inches here, I am talking at less than 4-6 inches deep. I apologize for the rant. There seems to be a pattern developing for me here and you can kind of see it in my posts. I come on here, read a couple posts on the ET doing well for some and then I gain hope, so I go hunt. Well, while hunting, all the short comings of this machine come back to me like a bad case of herpes and I realize, quite simply, my machine sucks, sucks and sucks some more.
I am quickly passing the frustration mark and running head first to flipping pi$$ed off.:rant:

First, sell them the disease and then sell them the cure so to speak. Right on, I don't know why others aren't picking up on that as well.

I don't think ML was finished with design testing prior to actual production. You can see hints to that in many of Andy's earlier posts on the Explorer forum in the last two weeks. I really shouldn't post this, as I am sure, people will jump me for it, so be it:wiggle: Let me phrase it this way: I noticed several hints to the above in many of Andy's first ETrac posts on the Explorer forum, going back two weeks ago.

ONLY we can prevent that sucker punch by insisting ML does something correcting this: the most expensive coin shooter detector on the planet, our actual units, not: "deal with it until we make the ETrac 2", but the one's that Jim, you, others and I are holding, right now:detecting:.