Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I can see a need for an accessory for this machine already

bcoop

Your going to have to put the wireless transmitter somewhere, I just wonder if it will fit in one of the arm bands designed for the I-phone or I-pod, if so that may be the way to carry it instead of putting it in your shirt pocket.

BCOOP

That's the receiver. If that were using the Bluetooth standard transmitted form the detector, then it would have been a great way of carrying any Bluetooth receiver, possibly in the form of say a mobile phone(iPhone or the like) and running your headphones/earphone from that or maybe utilising any other of the off the shelf, after market Bluetooth headphones that have the Bluetooth receiver built in.

Saves you having to carry any extra boxes that you need to some how pocket,on you.

If it were a wifi transmitter coming from the detector(most probably not) but could be , then that to would have been ideal for using on an alternative receiver with the headphones/earphones of choice.

My guess, though I hope it is NOT the case, is that the little Minelab receiver you need to get is propriety to the transmitter of the CTX3030. Most probably so that we get the best possible result from wireless headphones.
There is of course the option to probably use your own transceiver system anyway.....but it's being able to use the built in one that the CTX3030 has that I would like to use instead.

David Di

Two things you can bet on is that it is not Bluetooth and the the TX/RX is propriety.

The Minelab transmitter is going to have to be carried on you somewhere. An I-pod or I-phone arm band for running and listening to your I-tunes would be a good way to carry it. It would be on your forearm and not in your shirt pocket.

BCOOP

n/t

I bet it's gonna be a good while before anything like an in-line (X-1 like) pinpoint probe becomes available.
Maybe never if there are electronics in the coil.