Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I can tell a site that was hit early in detecting times probably 35-40 years ago

silvercoinboy

I'm hunting in Switzerland and all the coins are low conductor- hitting below 15 on a 1-40 Equinox scale

I can see that a grass beach site that I am systematically searching was cleaned out of all silver 35+ years ago. It is clear that were using early discrimination which blocked out the low number coins, and trash, while allowing them to grab all the silver. I have found over 1000 coins here with about 10% from the 40's and 50's and down at 6 inches. but no silver. The old 1/2 franc and up were .835 silver through 1967. I have found old gold from the 1970's here also which also confirms that the earlier hunters were running discrim high.

I'd love to know how many silvers they got out of the site. The 1/2 franc coin in smaller than a dime and I find them in abundance (55 cents at current exchange rates)

Who else has seen this while searching a 'virgin' site? At least untouched for 35+ years

BTW, full pics coming at the end of my week of hunting!!! already 1 gold and 2 silver jewelry and 150+ coins

I have the same strong suspicions when I hunt most any public site. Only Silver left is masked or quite deep, same with Copper Small Cents. On the few virgin permissions I have been fortunate to get, Silver coins were easy targets.

Last edited: