Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Can't Take This Anymore..!

I’ve used poker chips Sandwiched with coins hot glued inside them . White ones for coins, red ones for iron (washers .
and blue ones for pull tabs and bottle tops and I keep them in my car for demonstrations.
A word of caution make sure all newbies never use the detector an a support or a cane to get up or it could cost you well over $100.
if she has problem with swinging is the shaft to short or long. is she hold the detector too tight.
Go slow and dont be in a hurry. Everyone has their own learning curve. And remember the first time you rode a bike or learned to swim.
Doug

I’ve used poker chips Sandwiched with coins hot glued inside them . White ones for coins, red ones for iron (washers .
and blue ones for pull tabs and bottle tops and I keep them in my car for demonstrations.
A word of caution make sure all newbies never use the detector an a support or a cane to get up or it could cost you well over $100.
if she has problem with swinging is the shaft to short or long. is she hold the detector too tight.
Go slow and dont be in a hurry. Everyone has their own learning curve. And remember the first time you rode a bike or learned to swim.
Doug
The cuff is adjusted for me,.... which never occurred to me when I took her out. Easy fix for next time. She'll be ready to detect
on her own before summer starts with her own gear..! That's what she told me..!

I can't think of a better detector for a beginner that really wants to learn how to metal detect than the Vanquish 340 or 440. I would have loved to have learned on one when I started out. With the 10" coil they are very light weight, have good ergonomics and adjustability (unlike the Equinox 600), have just enough features to be very effective and are really easy to learn. They are not quite as effortless to swing as a Deus or ORX but they are a lot more fun to use. (I own both Nox 800 and 600, and a Deus and ORX). Two of my grown kids, daughter and son have used my 340 and absolutely loved it and found targets easily. They have both used my Nox 600 and they were overwhelmed and they are not newbies! I think anyone can be successful that tries the Vanquish 340 or 440 with a little practice.

Jeff

I can't think of a better detector for a beginner that really wants to learn how to metal detect than the Vanquish 340 or 440. I would have loved to have learned on one when I started out. With the 10" coil they are very light weight, have good ergonomics and adjustability (unlike the Equinox 600), have just enough features to be very effective and are really easy to learn. They are not quite as effortless to swing as a Deus or ORX but they are a lot more fun to use. (I own both Nox 800 and 600, and a Deus and ORX). Two of my grown kids, daughter and son have used my 340 and absolutely loved it and found targets easily. They have both used my Nox 600 and they were overwhelmed and they are not newbies! I think anyone can be successful that tries the Vanquish 340 or 440 with a little practice.

Jeff
Jeff, since you own the Vanquish 440. Can you use any other wireless headphone or device with it..? Or is the wired headset the only option.

The 340 and 440 do not have Bluetooth built in. I have two sets of Quest wireless headphones and transmitters that I can use with any detector. They work great with the 340 and 440, and are kind of like the Garrett Z-Lynk. There are probably some other non-detector specific headphones/tranmitters that would work too.
I actually like where the headphone jack is on the 340 and 440. It would be easy to run a male/female 1/8" extension cable through the armrest shaft and make a jack connection wherever you wanted it. The 440 comes with coil cover, control box cover, wired headphones (same as the ones for the Nox 600), batteries and instructions. 340 just comes with batteries. Several dealers have them in stock now with more stuff bundled too.

Jeff

I don't think you realize just how special your situation is....in that your wife WANTS to do detecting with you.
Most guys (with a few exceptions) would gladly give a body part to have their wives join them metal detecting.

Embrace it, appreciate it, and turn up your patience level several notches....and you'll have a wonderful lifetime detecting partner!
:)
mike

If you are staring at her and telling her how to do it the whole time you might be making her nervous. Time to let her try on her own and you go take a walk for a while. You could also secretly drop a coin in front of her find. Try two tones to simplify until she gets all the mechanical stuff into her muscle memory. Blank off the VDI until she gets the sound internalized. Remember how hard learning to drive was for us all at first. Make it fun for your lovely wife and yourself.

Leave your detector at home pair your earphones to her machine and then you can hear what she hears and explain what's going on .To get her to get the coil to the ground make the shaft longer it will force it to the ground . good luck sube