Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I cheated this weekend. Now I feel bad

reffitt20

I went to my in laws this week end and My brother in law let me use his Etrac. I purchased an X terra 705 last Sept. so I am familiar with Minelab sounds. Well first hole I dug was 12-46 that would crack a little with junk. I thought it sounded to good to pass so I dug it. First thing that came out was a little square piece of Iron, I re-scanned hole and it was SCREAMINGGGG!! I was pumped dug a little more and got my first Mercury dime! My favorite coin design. Next hole was 4 feet away and was a 1918 wheat, and the very next hole was another 1925 merc!

I ended up finding another wheat but I came away very very impressed. I have watched several e-trac videos on the web and drooled often. After that session I have come to the conclusion I have to have an E-trac sooner rather than later. SO yea I cheated on my X-terra and now I need an etrac.

Great story! Congratulations on your silver and thanks for the pictures. I only used my 305 a month before going to the E-Trac...but that is another story. Congrats again.

NebTrac

Don't get me wrong I like my X-terra and I have continually became better with it since last fall. Its just when I watch all these videos of etracs pulling silver after silver out of the ground then I go out with my Bro's etrac and Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam. I have four old awesome coins it makes me think to myself " What is my time worth?" I understand people are not made of money but man if your going to dig once a week every week you can why not have the best detector? Heck I payed 7 something for the Xterra then I get it and the last couple months I have concluded I really need a digger coil. Well that is another 180$ I should of just saved a little more and got the best, but I was to impatient. Don't misunderstand me I'm not saying the X-terra is not good.,,in fact I have become quite the clad killer. But I want to be the silver killer and when I ran that etrac coil over those mercs I knew it was going to be good before even digging..

Well after this weekend I know what i want an E trac. So I guess the question is what is your time worth?

The Etrac is the best. Get the coil over metal and it will let you know. I really liked my Safari but I am glad I sold it. There are those that know the E is the best but would rather die than admit it. HH:rolleyes:

I almost went with a 705 but I held it together a couple extra months to save for the etrac and I am REALLY glad I did. Found 8 silvers in first 2 hunts at a park I hit at least 30 times with f2 and ATP.

that 705 with a digger coil hammers the silver ... I have not found a single silver that I had gone over with the Digger and 705 ... congrats