Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I civil war relic hunt.

Digger70pa

But I'm thinking that I could put a small coil on this spectacular unit & coin shoot with it lol. What's you guys opinion on that?

I mean it's the deepest metal detector I've ever used. Put a small coil on it & look out at old beaten spots.im not a coin shooter but like old coins.

roadapple said:
With no discrimination on a GPX you will be digging lots of deeeeep holes for all metal items !!! LoL

The GPX has discrimination.... and once your ear is trained its very effective.

I have been using it to find small coins for years, although I hardly ever use a very small coil. But then, I detect on farm land and not a Park environment.

roadapple said:
With no discrimination on a GPX you will be digging lots of deeeeep holes for all metal items !!! LoL
It sure does have discrimination. It's all in the sound. I hardly dig any iron now.

Hey horse shit have you ever used a GPX? Or posted anything but criticism on this forum?

Lighten up Digger !Take a deep breath and relax ! I sent you a reply to your PM to me explaining I was not in the know that a GPX could truly discriminate out metals (make them silent) like other detectors. I even gave info on the TDI sight that completely ignore iron and pull tabs. If name calling is your how you react to a post, well then figure out things on your own.

roadapple said:
Lighten up Digger !Take a deep breath and relax ! I sent you a reply to your PM to me explaining I was not in the know that a GPX could truly discriminate out metals (make them silent) like other detectors. I even gave info on the TDI sight that completely ignore iron and pull tabs. If name calling is your how you react to a post, well then figure out things on your own.
Deep breath. Thanks for the explanation buddy. HH

I hunted a site that had colonial, civil war, and modern 1900's occupation and dumping. I never coin shoot but pulled out 2 V- nickels, a seated half dime, and a nice tombac button amongst the trash. Modern items like aluminum blow my ears off. Foil can be tough depending on size and depth. I've had guys ask me to check a good signal with the GPX and most times I'll correctly identify it as modern trash.

Cool buddy. I was thinking that it discriminates iron. It tells the difference in conductivity. So why wouldn't it dig deep coins?

I'm busy pounding on civil war spots with it. I'll get to messing around with coins when I find them. I have found a couple in civil war spots.