Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I could call Fisher but heck, posting is SO EASY...

jbow

I have question and a request for a subjective opinion re: CAMO.

My F-75 LTD is one of the camo models. I don't know what the SN indicates but it begins with 100 and ends with 759. I don't know how early it is or if it matters.

Let me preface my question with something I noticed on the Fisher site, IIRC, they said that they would replace the camo faceplate with a black one and change the cuff and/or upper rod to black ones if I want.
So, my question is: Is the faceplate change mandatory? Did they move the button or knob? Is it "touch" technology now? Is there a way I could keep the camo faceplate. Frankly, I have always thought I'd rather it was all black. That said, leads me to the other request.
Your opinion. Some people really like the camo and there were not that many made. Thinking of some time in the future, maybe 10 or 15 years from now when or if I decide to sell it... do you THINK that keeping it camo would be a plus as far as what it may one day be worth? I can live with it but I just got to thinking that it might make sense to keep it camo as much as I can because it will stay a more rare item especially if more people have them changed to all black with the upgrade. I realize that you cannot predict the future (or can you, lol).. but what do you think?

This second line if thought is why I won't upgrade my original T2. I got it direct from FT in advance of a team hunt in VA because FT wanted "Team Bounty Hunter" as it was still called at that time to make a big splash, and it DID... so it is an early model and it is very stable and a great machine.

Anyway... thanks!

Julien

The "upgrade" is simply replacing your head unit. They only have black. The black on camo shafts look nice but if you elect for a new shafts as well you are essentially being sent a brand new unit!

Thanks. I'll have to think it over. I was thinking that if I get the cuff replaced, will I have to purchase the upper shaft. I think I would want the old cuff and upper shaft (if they don't want them). I don't guess it matters. Getting a whole new unit works for me. Did they ever come up with a coil cover that doesn't break when you remove it? I got where I never used them because I broke them all.

Thanks,

Julien