Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I did a small MOD on OBN,s Skullies

deepdiger60

I just wanted to keep anything from going inside the phones not that much does because there always on the head but iam sure in time field dirt or beach sand will get in there some how , i used a very thin piece of water proof leather 1/16th inch thick between the speakers and the gel pads , it does not impede the sound at all , i don't want anything to happen to them iam just over cautious LOL , and Joe i did not forget about you this month the 16th for sure , been crazy here for 2 weeks . I took a photo of Skullies . Jim

Good Idea DD, it maybe something we need to address if people start having issues......I know a few have sent in good info, special the deeper water hunters....one was to drill 1 small hole in the bottom of each cup for water drainage. Harold mentioned a longer cord, which is easy, I cut the skullis coiled cord from a 10 foot one, down to 7 feet extented. Any input is welcome, thanks DD60................joe

Nice little tweak Jim. I'm going through withdrawal not being to get into the water, hope the cap for the truck comes in this week.

Been doing a lot of testing for tones with the DF. So far all tones seem to be the same, all high. Even going over a bottle cap or foil is giving me a high tone. Are yours doing the same Jim ?

fsa said:
Been doing a lot of testing for tones with the DF. So far all tones seem to be the same, all high. Even going over a bottle cap or foil is giving me a high tone. Are yours doing the same Jim ?

Frank do you feel that we may need a basser audio speaker, like the kobitone 500 they have a very smooth Freq responce..

Frank and Joe i did a test just now with a dug old Buffalo nickle which will always give off a low tone and a LC which is always a high tone the GT in disc. mode sens at 11 oclock , i used 2 sets of HP,s the skullies and my black widows as i thought i got a good low tone for the Buff and a high tone for the LC in both HP,s , then i tyred a silver ring and a gold ring 2 completely different tones , all test where done with the 12x10 coil so i figured i try the 8" CS coil same results , as far as i hear it i hear 2 different tones quit clearly , 1 foot note i noticed the comfort level my BW do not come close to the Skullies the BW,s feel like a vise on my ears in comparison .This morning ill be going out with my buddy Joe the Plumber and ill listen to the tones with the Skullies . Jim
P.S. this coming week temps in the HIGH 60,S !!! :detecting:

OldBeechnut said:
fsa said:

Frank do you feel that we may need a basser audio speaker, like the kobitone 500 they have a very smooth Freq responce..

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet OBN, these Skullies couldn't have a smoother threshold than they already have, at least that's the way I hear/see it.

I want to run more tests, and naturally once I get back into the water for the real testing. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I will be hearing the soft whispers that I was having a problem with before. For me, that should relate to more gold, and if a dig a few more targets to get there it's not going to be a problem.

As we all know, with or without the Skullies, the DFPI isn't a machine we want to use where there's a lot of trash anyway.

DeepDigger..... i was kind of wondering about the openness since i noticed the yellows had a thin piece of plastic inside. Only issue i see with that ..... is it could work like a coil cover and keep stuff behind it since it wont have anyway to get out. Anything water can get in so can sand and you dont want them water tight. So id think you will have to remove your mod on occasion to rinse them out.

Dew

Dew i do not go under water waist deep that,s about it if i need to the covers i built just pop out when the gel muff,s are removed very easy , thanks for the tip . Jim

[size=large][/size]yea Joe, i think the sounds are way better than they were before, and me being hard of hearing i can pickup the signals better than i ever did, so far i think just a couple of tweaks like you said so far, HH

That's a good little tweak...I have had sand get inside my stock phones when I was ransacking multiple beaches in a day, I would put the detector in the back of an open pickup truck bed and drive to the next one...the wind generated by the drive and the amount of sand in the truck bed caused it to infiltrate the phones...more of an annoyance than anything, but hey, who needs any further annoyances at this stage of Life?
Mud