Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Did It!

bradwheat777

I posted this on the Metal Detecting forum but thought I would share it here. Last weekend I was hunting in my next door neighbors yard but was not having any luck. Anyway his neighbor across the road came over and started talking to me to see if I was finding anything. He then told me his son lost his class ring in the west part of their lawn 25 years afo. I told him I would be happy to hunt for it and return it. Well I started methodically searching and was digging everything in the foil range and up. Found a ton of pull tabs, foil, can slaw. Tonight I thought I would hunt the north end between the tree line and road. I had a signal that was bouncing between 8 and 10. I debated on digging it and actually moved down a few feet. Something in my gut told me to go back and dig. So I did and up came this beautiful white gold ring. I cleaned the dirt out of the band and rang the homeowners door bell. The mom came to the door and was excited to see this ring again. She told me they would probably wait and give it to their son for his birthday. As it turns out it was 27 years ago. I used the V3i in 22kHz. Persistence pays off!

To cool....I love hearing stories like that. On a side note, I would think that big ring would ring up 35+ in the 7.5 frequency.

Good deed and a great find.....:clapping: That ring will bring back many happy memories, I'm sure.

Thanks everyone! It's nice to be a part of trying to get some good PR for this great hobby. This is the second ring I have been able to return. The first one was about 15 years ago and was a random find. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

[attachment 291738 ScreenHunter_169May.0913.52.jpg]

wee doggy !...the kind I like to hear....we all proud of you.....good job...:clapping: