Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I didn't know any of this stuff......interesting.:blink:

WillyP

HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?
This should boggle your mind!! And probably scare you as well!

1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3.. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak fluent English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, keeping in mind they did this in only 15 years.

8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie).

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.

11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.

13. The value of product for Wal-Mart passing through the port of San Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries
Gross National Product (GNP) ...and that is only ONE port ...one way that Wal-Mart gets it's stuff.

14. Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the poverty level.

15. Wal-Mart's head office is located and centralized in Bentonville. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires
per square mile there than any place on Earth.

16. The official U.S. Government position is that Wal-Mart's prices are no lower than anyone else's when compared
to a typical families weekly purchases. That's the view of the statisticians at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) responsible for
calculating the consumer price index (CPI).

17. 92% of everything Wal-Mart sells, comes from China. Another 4% comes from Chinese owned companies in the U.S.
or in 3rd world countries.

18. Wal-Mart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on it's employees, without their knowing.
If an employee dies, ALL the insurance moneys go to the companies. i..e. An employee making $18,000 per year, dies, and the company
might make as much as $1 million. Most often these moneys, coming from what is commonly referred to as "Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies,"
is paid out to executives as bonuses. (A common practice, unknown by the common man.)

19. Wal-Mart now averages a "profit" (not sales) of $36 billion per year.

20. Let Wal-Mart bail out Wall Street. If not, consider shopping someplace else.

China now owns a major share of American debt, they gained this position by feeding the American appetite for 'stuff', they produced the stuff cheaper than anyone else could because of their communist doctrine that relugates a worker to virtual slavery and Wal-Mart was the marketing end for that cheap 'stuff'. Americans laugh at how dumb the Indians were to sell Manhattan Island to them for a handful of glass beads, it looks like the Chinese are the ones laughing now that they have bought America for the price of a bunch of cheap 'stuff'.:sadwalk:

n/t

back before Gates, he was the worlds richest man, he fully owned Walmart. He decided to break it up and gave his wife and kids all an equal share. I forget how many there two or or three. Anyway, after the split he and his family with equal parts of the business were the four or five richest people on the planet, individually!

His son got killed a few years ago flying an ultra lite aircraft of some sort in Jackson Hole Wyo. At the time he was worth between 17-19 billion dollars. at the low end that is enough money to give one million dollars to 17 THOUSAND people!

Sam was quite an interesting old fart!

loaded with folks most of the time. Down side is a lot of small places around here where you got the personal service, and you knew them and they you by name closed their doors. Up until about 2 years ago, it didn't seem that full all the time, but in the last year or so, its really brought in a lot of people. How does anyone compete with their buying power on anything. I actually try to avoid them, but lately it don't seem to make much difference. Sears stuff is all china made and just about everyone one else.

I hope we can turn that around, but with the the economy like it is, I see them only getting more business. As China drives everyone else out of business with cheap/slave labor, how does any country compete. I don't see their goods that much cheaper and for sure far less quality if any. So you save say 5 dollars on a $50.00 item, but end up buying to of them because they don't last. My example was the club guys bringing in a lot of Harbor Freight stuff. Most made in china. It sure don't take the abuse we give snapon tools or the old craftsmen tool. I see guys here now shopping tag sales and big flea markets for the older Craftmens tool.

My wife uses them for grocerys, but is starting to use Aldies now more often.

I bought a air cleaner and oiler for my compressor and ended up just throwing them away. I could not get them to stop leaking. The half inch pipe holes in them where you screw them together with a nipple were not true and they were just plain junk. Never again

Sometimes, you have no choice... but when we do, it is always a 'made in Canada' or "made in the USA' that we go for first. Even a company up here, based in Vancouver, called Moneys Mushrooms.... their mushrooms now come out of china. So... we buy 'presidents choice' They come from out east... but at least it a product from north America. Who knows what is in those Chinese products anymore..

calm seas
Micheal

on the package or can it may say "processed" in USA/Canada, basically meaning that the ingredients are from somewhere else and they ain't telling where! :veryangry:

mixed over here.

Simple: For instance, when you go to Burger King, Wendy's, or other fast food retailers, who waits on you? Chances are great that it's a Green Card or illegal Hispanic! Why are you patronizing that business when Americans are out of work? I certainly avoid doing so. Raise hell with management, although some, such as Burger King, deliberately have no direct email contact site, therefore it's impossible to complain directly to them. Money is their bottom line, and to Hell with American citizens!

If you patronize businesses that hire alien labor, and that includes lawn care and home repair services, then it's YOUR fault that many of our citizens are out of work, right? Look around next time you require doing business with a company, and then walk quickly out the door if illegal aliens are taking our jobs.

How stupid can our supposedly-educated citizens get before their heads simply fall off and roll around in the gutter? It's up you YOU personally to stop this financial insanity!

Right now it feels like China has a choke hold on the American Golden Goose and is trying to wring the last eggs out of her. We all know what happens to a goose when it stops laying - Christmas Dinner!

Stop waiting for 'the government' to solve it. Stop buying off shore items, hire only citizens, etc.

Wrong place for this I know.. :):

fair winds

Micheal