Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I dug a Halftone today...

A Halftone is a basically a picture for typesetting for printing. They would take a tintype or a photograph and transfer the image to a halftone. The halftone was nailed to a wooden block and would be set along with the letters, rolled with ink and then pressed onto the paper to form and article or even an ad in the paper. Just think of it as an old time photo negative.
I got hold of a local historian this evening and he says that it looks familiar but he can't quite place it yet. I hope that he can put a date on it for me. It sorta looks like an old time tie so I am thinking maybe 1920 or before.

You know, you can scan that into Photoshop and invert it to get the original image pretty easily...
may help ID the guy.

mike

trojdor,

Good idea! I don't have photoshop but should have some type of software that will reverse the negative effects.

thanks,
Joe

His attire looks to be earlier! Perhaps turn of the century! The image resembles early photos of Jesse James!

Neat find