Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Figured Out The Price (Do I Get A Prize ? )

jmario

They just forgot the $ sign in front of the 3030.00

Seriously how much does this thing cost ? I can't find a price anywhere. Are they unashamed to reveal the price?

JHM said:
Seriously how much does this thing cost ? I can't find a price anywhere. Are they unashamed to reveal the price?
It's pretty clearly stated on the website that more details will come on May 11. It's not like they are ashamed of FBS2 or any other feature even if they haven't given any details.

But of course you're right, they are unashamed :bouncy:

Think about this, maybe they have not set a price yet and they are watching the comments on all the forums to see what might be tolerated by us. If that is the case my vote is for a introductory price for current Minelab customers lets say 20% over their cost.

There is too many rumors around...

Chill with this, it has a price on page two..

http://www.metaldetectorpro.it/en/producer/5/MINELAB-.html

Fire Fighter 43 said:
Think about this, maybe they have not set a price yet and they are watching the comments on all the forums to see what might be tolerated by us. If that is the case my vote is for a introductory price for current Minelab customers lets say 20% over their cost.

That would honestly be a bad strategy.

You describe a product with a few photos and six "buzzwords" with a somewhat unclear meaning (nobody knows exactly what FBS2 is but we assume it's something like FBS) and with a lot unanswered questions like weight. Then you ask people what they would pay. You would have to weigh each answer up against how wrong this person has pictured the actual product.

Some people will believe the detector can do things it can't or that it's much lighter than it is. They might say the will pay 3,000 dollars but when they find out the actual specifications they won't pay more than 2,000 dollars. Others might think it's less of an improvement than it actually is. They might say they will only pay 2,000 dollars but when they see the specifications they will pay 3,000 dollars.

If the purpose was to set the price they would likely have given the full specifications and then said: "Price will be available on May 11". Then there would have been a lot of qualified messages on the boards about what people would actually pay for the actual product, not on a guess on what the product can do.

I find it much more likely that the purpose was to make the CTX 3030 "the most talked about detector of 2012". And that seems to be a succes.

Wow I was making a funny In my original post about the price (they just forgot to add the $ sign) then I was sent a link, showing the euro price.

2450.00 euros = 3206.3150 US dollars

well i have seen on other sites 2000 uk pounds if it realy is i will stick with gt and xcalibur no way am i paying that also as so on you buy it it loases 500 value straight away think mine lab best think on all this

It think its going to be $300.30

leroy1937 said:
It think its going to be $300.30

I think you misplaced your decimal point.