Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I finally got my MXT300

norbyx

Hi folks,
I finally got the MXT300 I wanted. I haven't tested it yet and am just starting reading the MXT edge book. I think that this detector has much to offer, just hope to learn all it's capabilities with the book and than off to the test bed. Mine comes with a 6x10 DD Coil on it, the original 300 coil was changed. I would like to get the original coil as well (in case anyone knows some one selling one) just to have it there. Anyway I think that the detector looks great and has to perform the same way.

Advises are welcome.
HH

Hi norbyx,

I am a coin and jewelry hunter. My hunt sites are parks, schools and beaches in the Ventura county area of southern California. My experience is that the 950 coil is FAR more versatile for my style of hunting than the Super 12 coil. The two coils I use most on my MXT and MXT Pro are the Eclipse 5.3 and 950 because these concentric coils give me better iron target discrimination.

Good luck.
Bob

Why?? Is it not working right? I noticed you have a V3i ordered, I can see how the mxt may not compare to it but the mxt pro version has a fair bit more to offer with more tones. I have the pro and occassioally I switch to 2 tone just to see what the mxt users have to deal with and it sucks, I love having more tones. I don't lilke pull tabs sounding the same as silver dollars, ect. :-/

Well my problem aren't the tones, actually that part I don't even notice. The problem is that I want to see what is down there and not just guess. Here were I live there is a lot of trash. Therefore I get a lot of "good" signals out of rusted metals, bottle caps, bottle screw caps, pull tabs ecc...the mxt picks everything up and can't actually tell you what is down there. The v3i, even if can be fooled, can actually tell you much more information on what is down there. So you can avoid spending a lot of time digging up trash. That is the main reason I am letting go of my other detectors and bought the v3i.

You're in for a letdown if you think that the V3i is going to have you only digging good targets. That machine isn't made yet.

Was thnking the same as DirtAngler. The good finds are found when digging iffy and junk signals that your incestors left behing when they burned up the ground in the 70's 80's and 90's. For at least 3 decades people had had good detectors and they got the good signals out of the ground. That trashy signal may still be there because they had better targets to dig elsewhere.

Well in my personal experience there are 2 things that make me think that maybe the v3i will be a bit better than the mxt. For starters is the 3 frequencies vs. single, less problems with minerals and better perception of what kind of metal is down there. Second it's the spectra graph, it can tell me more or less the size softness of its shape.
I know 100% that this machine will not be a magic wound and it will pick up trash as well, but at least in my mind I won't have the little devil that tells me "what if I had a better machine, what if I had 3 frequencies, what if ecc ecc. " now with the v3i there will be no more what if, just what I have and period. I am 100% convinced that it's the best
Detector I could get (and afford) so no more what if. That is what it is period. If I keep digging trash so be it but at least I will be happy knowing that even the other persons that spend 2000+ dollars are digging as much trash as I am.

[size=large]well you're convinced on your thinking but i would say a person with a cheaper coinmaster can do better with experience than the guy with the most spendy machine out there and lttle experience. i've been doing the same thinking on selling all my machines and just settle on the v3i but i've also realized it's learning the machine not paying for better indicators. don't get me wrong. i'd love to goof around with the v3i so hope your finds are many.i think most of us in this hobby can relate to the, what ifs. there are those who also relate to , i should have saved and settled.

HH[/size]

widebody said:
[size=large]well you're convinced on your thinking but i would say a person with a cheaper coinmaster can do better with experience than the guy with the most spendy machine out there and lttle experience. i've been doing the same thinking on selling all my machines and just settle on the v3i but i've also realized it's learning the machine not paying for better indicators. don't get me wrong. i'd love to goof around with the v3i so hope your finds are many.i think most of us in this hobby can relate to the, what ifs. there are those who also relate to , i should have saved and settled.

HH[/size]
I am with you 100% on learning the machine. I agree and have no question on the fact that one has to lear the machines language. I might haven't given the right chance to the MXT, I did learn the BH Platinum and once I got a signal I knew what it was telling me. I know that I might have saved the money and probably would have had the same results, but it's all about that little demon that was telling me to get the top of line and than stop thinking it was the fault of the machine. I know the V3i is not going to give me much more than the MXT and I have read that if you don't take your time to learn how to use the V3i, you would be probably better off with another machine. Well I inted to learn it and get all the juice out of it. Oh btw I KNOW that experience is at least 50% and machine is the other 50%. I will take my time in getting there.

Good luck with your new machine. If you're the type that like to tinker with settings, this could be the machine for you. I kind of did the same thing awhile back, trading machines to get the almighty Etrac. I found out that for my type of hunting and with my physical impairments, I was better off with my previous machine, an Xterra 705, sold the Etrac and went back to the K.I.S.S. thinking and purchased the Xterra again. I also bought a used MXT Pro for a second machine, again staying with the simple is better thinking. Like you say, at worst, you satisfied your thoughts about purchasing a top of line detector, although I disagree with 50 percent of it being the machine. I feel that part of the equation is much lower. GL and HH.

I need to spell correct my last post, It should say "The good finds are found when digging iffy and junk signals that your ancestors left behind." Don't bother back tracking to see my original spelling.....*blushes in shame* :)

Well I decided I might just as well keep the MXT 300 as my backup or for my wife, and sell the Teketics delta 4000. The good part is that the MXT shares the same coils as the V3i that is comming so I will be able to change coils without any problem and still have two detectors...

That sounds like a really good idea. We all know good setups have several coils so that should save a few hundred dollars in coils.

MXT as a backup is a good idea. Afterall it is a good detector in its own right.
BB

Oh it was a great idea now I have 2'detectors that share:
2 original rechargeable battery packs
2 made myself rechargeable packs
300 ltd coil
10dd coil
8in exellerator coil
6x10dd coil
5.3 coil
Same shafts,
So I love the idea of having two whites...

What 10" DD do you have? I have the D2 and like it pretty well except when I use it I am less certain about what the target might be before digging. It finds the targets really well though. I'm just curious if the other 10" DD's show high VDI's or if thats a trait only the D2 has.

I have the d2 as well and since where I live the vdi don't mean much since there is no us currency I don't really know if it reads up or not.