Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I find it interesting that out of all the features and performance available on the T2, we only have one issue to focus on.

You had better look to your guns though, because First Texas Products is entering the pro market. I think the term is new market expansion. The T2 is just the kickoff of a new platform that can be easily expanded without the user having to go through a college course to learn how to use it.

I started this whole bottle cap focus when I took the T2 to a favorite bottle cap carpet site. These are those truely carpeted sites where the caps are thick but only run maybe three inchs deep. As far as I can tell based upon the coins and rings I find, I'm the only one in my city that hunts these type of sites. When I hunt these sites I don't dig the caps up. They protect my sites.

I only have one machine that will do it. The Ace won't do it, although it might try better with the DD coil on it. The CoinStrike tries, the DFX tries and might work with some more experience, the Cortes tried. And now the T2 tries. The T2 does as good as any of them in this site. I was hoping it might do better. The only machine that I have that hunts the bottle cap carpet is the Golden Micromax/cleansweep combo.

But the Golden can't touch the depth and features of the T2. Performance wise the T2 is right there in with the CoinStrike and DFX. Feature wise it is right up there too. And it hunted the bottle cap carpet like them, too. I was hoping it would hunt them like the Golden.

It will be a popular machine. It's pluses outweigh its negatives.

I'm basing on the informed opinions of dedicated users who have put in some serious hours-should I disbelieve my lying eyes? I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt when they say they can interpret some good signals as bad because they want to believe, so badly. Its definitely not a double blind test situation, so objectivity here can at best be called only hopeful. All a person can do is judge-on valid results-and you've not refuted the fact of the bottle cap problem. -Other makers coming in on the issue- That sounds like paranoia. This detector will sink or swim on what it does, not what other makers do.

That is what the bottle cap audio mode "3b" is designed to do, give a bouncing id on the flat caps. Most of my testing has been in the 3 and 4 audio modes. I haven't really explored this mode yet. Hope to get out and do so Sunday afternoon.

Happy :detecting:

of me being banned from this forum shows that certain people do not want an open objective discussion. Instead the T-2 is given a bye and everyone wants to look everywhere except where there is a cause for legitimate discourse about a deficency in this new detector. Everyone seems to want to just gloss over the problem and pretend it does not exist. Well, if the King has no clothes.....

So you admit it has negative, what are the others-still in the dark?
I find it hard to believe that the DFX which has adjustable recovery speed so fast that it can double beep on a target-did not show success.
Who was your partner in the test, Jim Beam, or Ezra Brooks?

I don't care what anyone says. The T-2 is looking to be a fine machine. Seeing how personally i use little discrimination and pretty much dig it all. The bottle cap "issue?" is not a problem to be. I could see it being a very minor annoyance but I think every user of every brand of detector has been fooled by a bottle cap before.

Ralph - I love the Cindy Crawford reference....lol

I think you missed again. What people want are open objective opinions. In this series of post you have insulted participants, flamed products with nothing to back up your assertions, and want to pass that off as open and objective. You really need to back up and take a good look at what you are doing. The bottom line is when you post people don't pay an attention because you flame individuals, flame products, and obviously have an axe to grind.

I would like to see how you act in your own yard.

I would also like to know what machine you will put up against the T2. Because then we can get some real data to compare and post about.

It would be more constructive than what you are doing, and we all might actually learn something.

....regardless of the shark attacks. Maybe you need to step back and put this whole thing into perspective instead of assuming. I've plainly stated that I haven't experienced the same level of bottlecap problems that Mike has mentioned, but then again Mike is hunting a mine field full of the things in much different soil conditions too. I don't really think you are keeping up with the facts of the matter. Name any machine on the market, and we can pick it apart bit by bit, and that is obviously your agenda here on the T-2, whatever your reasons (though I have my suspicions of who, what, and why....you wouldn't be the first puppet from that camp).

Sorry, but I think you will eventually end up eating crow over this one. It's a great machine, and I base that comment on many years of experience with a wide variety of different machines, and on having actually paid my own bucks and tried one for myself instead of building assumptions on what I "think" I know. If you're not willing to do the same for yourself, then I personally wouldn't put too much stock in your comments other than for purposes of the obvious agenda or hard-on/jealousy/threat you somehow feel toward this machine.

Are you a dealer or do you represent some other manufacturer ? Simple question. Inquiring minds want to know.

Ralph

According to some (disillusioned as they may be), you should have done this a long time ago. And you should already have at least a year or two of experience on every minor technical aspect of this new machine, and in every possible type of hunting condition. Come on already, ...... get with the program, and stop making excuses. Don't let the fact that it is only 3 weeks old get in the way. We want answers....... NOW !

:lol:

Ralph

I tried to retire and just go metal detecting but the boss (wife) wont let me. Told me to wait another 22 years or so :sadwalk:

One of the sad things about detector releases in the winter. The working man doesn't have enough daylight, which fills up the weekends some too. Hopefully we will be getting some rain and snow soon which will open up the older parks and strips. Right now they are too dry to dig in. Looks like a golpher's been there if you try. In the meantime I'm limited to newer sites and shallow targets or sand lots for a few hours on a Sunday.

I have a lot more experience on the prototypes, but those don't count and shouldn't be shared as no one else will ever use one of those.

Happy :detecting:

Don't you just love some folks who "want it all", but usually at the expense of someone else ? Tell me this, tell me that, do this test for me, do that test for me...........but when it comes right down to it, they are afraid to put their own money where their mouth is. I know if I had taken that attitude and approach to machines over the years, I would have missed out on some awsome performers. IMO, the T-2 fits in that category. And sure, there are others I'd like to try "HANDS ON" rather than through the eyes of others just to see if they might offer something that others don't, or a better combination of the things I want or need personally in a detector. But it gets frustrating when you buy and sell or trade machines, and someone automatically "assumes" that it's because you don't like brand T in favor of brand W, when that is far from the truth. There are always going to be others available, and for some of us, we may go through two or three or more of a particular model before finally settling on keeping one instead of trading around. But trying to deal with some people feels like they expect you to GIVE them the moon, and then PAY THEM for taking it off your hands. I've actually offered my T-2 "down the food chain" for others to try at what I considered a bargain price, but really don't care at this point if anyone takes me up on the offer or not. Their loss. I'll be just as happy to keep the T-2 and put it to good and very capable use and they can pay a couple hundred more $$ later when they decide to try it for themselves. Been there, done that. Procrastination can get expensive. :lol:

Ralph

I sent back a E Mail to you as I just read my E Mails and had to check the forums to see what you were talking about.
There is no one using my computer either and someone must have the same ISP number as I do or something.
I for one am curious about this new T-2 and planing on getting one to try out myself and to see what it will all do as it sound very impressive.

I hope you figure out who this is causing this problem and ban him completely.

Rick

The writing styles are too different. I also don't think he's got an axe to grind against the T-2. He doesn't seem like someone who would act that way.

John

Most detectors can give a 'double blip' response if the target is close enough to the coil. It proves nothing.

The only real way to tell if a detector is right for you is to actually try one. I feel a lot of people may miss out on a great detector because the read someone had one and had a problem with it, then only to find out the person just didn't spend the time to learn it was the only problem they had.
I cant think of a single detector that someone hasn't found something they didn't like about it, but that is one persons view. I have found this rusty bottle caps problem with lot of the top of the line detectors, but many don't see this or learned how to tell the difference. I will say that this is what I enjoy about this discussion as it give us idea of how some are copping with it.
I am curious of this T-2 detector like many others and plan on seeing for myself what it can do for me and my hunting.
The thing that I feel is funny is we are talking about a detector made by Bounty Hunter which many have written off as a muffler on a stick.
I hope to read more about the T-2 in the coming weeks while many of us look out the window at all the snow and hopping for spring to get there.

Rick

I sure hope no one would think I would do this as I would like to try a detector myself to see before saying what has been said. I have always believe that a person has to use and learn a detector before knowing the problem it has if any. I have seen some problem I feel are of concerned and wondered why they are like this only to discover after I use it longer these little problem are not real problems and actually good things once you see what they can do. Example was the Minelab Quattro with the slow recovery only to find out that because of this it would lock on to deeper target better and by rechecking some signals you can tell if it is good or bad.

Thanks again John for telling everyone I wouldn't do something like this.

Rick

because there is little that pizzes me off more than entitlement mentality and more specifically folks wanting and even EXPECTING something for nothing. If I chose not to get a detector at release, I may ask for first hand info but I'd be humble and patient without playing any "fox and grapes" BS. "Well, I can't afford one ... or my wife won't let me get one, so I'll just look for anything perceived less than perfection and then shoot my mouth off about it" Yeah, THAT kind of fox and grapes BS. I see this behavior more every year both in this hobby and the rest of the world and it pretty much disgusts me. :( It may not seem like a big deal to some, but it's one of the key elements of what's going more wrong over time with this country. Soapbox out! :) Oh yeah and I'd bet these CarlK posts didn't originate from RickND. Totally not his verbage or style. Besides, I've never seen him (and we've talked many times for years) say much of anything until he tries a detector first handedly for a spell.