Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I find only one thing wrong with these Forums....:rofl:

XLT-user

Had the day off.Read all Forums, and Now I want one of every machine in all the different forums.

Seems like their all Great Detectors. Now if I can just save up a small fortune.:rofl:

Yeah. I know what you mean. If Dahut doesn't stop posting about the Golden I'm gonna have to get one. Only problem is I already have the Silver umax and the Royal Sabre which is a close call to the Golden. I keep rationalizing-fer instance-you notice they always have trash in the picture and they say they wanna make "sure" it's trash. So why should I abandon the two I have? Now, dang I know Mike or Dave are gonna get on here and tell me why-again.:rage: Dang! All I have to do with my Silver is dig then I'm "sure" what it is. Oh, please guys. Don't give me a rational answer for this one.:crazy:

[size=large]I know what ya mean.

I got my 5 Tesoro'es and I am pretty happy.

But I read about tha F 70 and F 75.

Then I read about Detector pro, E Track,

Sovern, SE, MXT,DXF, XLT, Troy, Gold

Trax.............
?
?
?
?
? It's enough ta give a guy a complex.
Dog.jpg

HH,

Tabdog[/size]

Yes there alot of quality machines nowdays. Using diff machines is fun sometimes. I've used about +22 and all the main line makers were good machines some just spoke to me more that others.(read -enjoyed some more than others) I'm looking forward to getting another XLT, do I need one....no ......but they are fun and work well and I enjoy punching buttons and fiddling sometimes. BTW you can get your XLT to act like a Tesoro- crank the target response speed way up and it
s similar. (VS iron and junk)

slingshot said:
Yeah. I know what you mean. If Dahut doesn't stop posting about the Golden I'm gonna have to get one. Only problem is I already have the Silver umax and the Royal Sabre which is a close call to the Golden. I keep rationalizing-fer instance-you notice they always have trash in the picture and they say they wanna make "sure" it's trash. So why should I abandon the two I have? Now, dang I know Mike or Dave are gonna get on here and tell me why-again.:rage: Dang! All I have to do with my Silver is dig then I'm "sure" what it is. Oh, please guys. Don't give me a rational answer for this one.:crazy:
You know by now you aren't going to get anything resembling rationale from me. :)

I've tried more detectors than I have fingers and toes, combined. Most were single tone beepers. I cut my teeth on a Silver Sabre II. I dug a lot of trash back then - and still do.

In case you didn't know it, a couple of my other favorites are the Vaquero and 1236-X2. No multiple tones on those units, I just don't talk about them as much.

It's not that the Golden or my new F70 stops trash from being in the ground. Rather, I'm just not disappointed when it is. With that uncanny F70, often it's often better than that.

And that is what tones, VDI numbers and so on are all about - assurance.
Not reliance mind you... that would be foolish false hope, since so many trash items mimic good ones. That's why I DO recover all that trash.

But I CAN tell you this: when I hear that sweet high tone, or a dead on nickel alert - I get down to dig just a little faster.

Becides it's fun! That's what hunting is for. If I remember right it makes target responses very narrow, but you tinker with the speed and see. Try it by doing the nail and a dime side by side and adjust it. You'll also see some target masking that's why the tesoro's work so well in high iron trash. Using the 4 inch coil you can wade into areas that other machine go nuts in. My #1 choice for old hvy iron littered areas. I've got an indianhead rusted to a square nail i found other machines just null or crackle on it.

I am not new to MDing but am having trouble deciding on a 6-$800 machine that will work well on relics, beaches and prospecting. Dont care which brand, just want the best for the dollar. Appreciate any input. Thanks

n/t

Go to the MXT forum and read past posts on nugget hunting subzero007. The MXT and M6 are very popular in the gold fields, relic hunting and beaches alike. In your price range too.

you ain't kiddin, one day i'll have a house that has a "detector room" exclusively in it ,4 walls of detectors,yee haw
ah lets see while i'm at it a research den,4 walls of maps,a search coil vault,and an arsenal of indestructible digging tools hidden behind a revolving book case,just to scratch the surface ,hey we can all dream a little ha ha

lightest, fastest, detectors. You would have to pay a lot more to get what the F-70 can give you. So why pay more. Still in your range, you could buy an extra coil to suit your needs. A larger coil for relics or the smaller for trashy areas. I would be afraid to relic hunt with the larger coil. I mean how deep do you really want to dig?

Call Wanda at Kellyco's. She will treat you right.

Call Center: M-F 8am-Midnight EST. - Sat. 9am-5pm.
Showroom: M-F 9am-6pm Sat. 9am-5pm.
Toll FREE 1-800-898-6673 & 1-800-327-9697

Fisher F75...Not great on Beaches but will work.

Most Minelabs

n/t