Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found a good one today!

I was hunting an old field and found an old button and after rubbing it with some vegetable oil to preserve it I went back to the same spot and found this one. I was shaking all over as I gently cleaned it off and rubbed it with a lightly oiled paper towel. I looked it up and it is a Vermont copper coin from around 1785.

Sweet!! what a great find.. I hope that field has many more great finds for you..

Great find love hunting Old fields

Thanks a bunch everyone. I look forward to the next time the field is mowed I'm sure there is some more good stuff there.

I found some old fields that are state owned and I cant wait to hunt them in the fall like a hay field now!

I hear you Mkus! I have been eyeing a lot of corn fields I should be good in the fall as well. Those hay fields can be a lot of work with little finds but then you hit that one patch and it sure pays off.

I had the opportunity to hit that old field again today and found some more Treasures.

Very nicely done... places like that keep me going back many many times...just never know what will pop up next...congrats.

Thanks a bunch bootyhound! I'm really excited to go back when the field is cut. It used to be an old pasture and they moved the cows so I'm hunting in the patchy areas. Sooner or later it will revert back to field and then they'll have to cut it and I'm looking forward to that.

Nice largie I found a 1819 wens in very nice shape 199 years older than my nox 800 I found it with..

Yeah that is awesome Mkus. I just did the math as well and that coin is 200 years old Wooooooooohoooooo!

I sure will laplander it's a place that I have permission for as long as I want which is awesome. I don't spend a lot of time researching where the homes are but if I can get permission for an old field I'll just hit it till I find where the goodies are or where I start finding some old brick.

I hear you Zac! 200 years that's amazing. I sold off quite a few old coins at a time when I needed money when I was in college and although I regret it it sure is nice to start finding them again.