Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got mail ...

jamonah

Well UPS came a day early yesterday with the new NOX8 !
First impression , (certainly don't want to be viewed as complainer here) was this machine is cool but it could use some meat on its bones.
Gotta say not real impressed with to Rod system, really feels cheap, and lots of wobble as I ran to soccer field up the road for quick spin before work early today.

Recovery speed is great, id, ease to adjust and to sniff out coins is very impressive . So know rods have no bearing on that.

Thoughts , y'all maybe thought same ? What about these carbon fiber replacement rods , anyone switched , what brand /mfg / where purchased if I may ask.

I certainly love Minelab , don't get me wrong just my opinion here.

Thanks all

Joe

A lot of folks have complained about the shaft quality, but the only complaint I had was the coil flopping down every time I set the detector down to dig a signal, but I took care of that issue.
I swing pretty slow (more like scanning than sweeping), so I do not have any issues with shaft wobble.
For water detecting, the factory shaft will probably not hold up long in my opinion and most beach/ water hunters have switched over the the carbon fiber shafts.

A lot of folks have complained about the shaft quality, but the only complaint I had was the coil flopping down every time I set the detector down to dig a signal, but I took care of that issue.
I swing pretty slow (more like scanning than sweeping), so I do not have any issues with shaft wobble.
For water detecting, the factory shaft will probably not hold up long in my opinion and most beach/ water hunters have switched over the the carbon fiber shafts.

I agree water for sure would pose a problem . I agree with you I am not out weed whacking at my age with my detector , so I am sure it will be fine. I am reminded of the Explorer when it came out . The upper cam lock would come loose and break for some. Lots of my hunting buddies would call it the EXPLODER. I laughed all the way to the bank in 2000 as I was pulling silver right and left out of hunted out parks . So long winded way of say I agree , does not impact the performance. Thanks for your note . J

I agree water for sure would pose a problem . I agree with you I am not out weed whacking at my age with my detector , so I am sure it will be fine. I am reminded of the Explorer when it came out . The upper cam lock would come loose and break for some. Lots of my hunting buddies would call it the EXPLODER. I laughed all the way to the bank in 2000 as I was pulling silver right and left out of hunted out parks . So long winded way of say I agree , does not impact the performance. Thanks for your note . J
I’ve heard them called that too, but they have found a lot of good targets over the years.... never had one myself.
Hope the Equinox works out for you as well....I love mine and have been impressed with it from day one.
Swing it like you do the Explorer and it will find the goodies for you... looking forward to seeing photos of your finds soon!!
Good luck!!!

Yep!....factory shaft had to go for me. I’ve been using A complete carbon fiber shaft made by Steve’s detector rods. I purchased mine from Big Boys Hobbies!....The Nox is some much nicer to use with a carbon fiber shaft...It has zero flex & less weight on your arm.

@Joe Black Thanks for note , going to give it a few hours this weekend and see how it goes. Should be no issues on smooth ground as mentioned to fwcrawford , but in the woods with roots, higher grass may not do it. Yes , Bart is my dealer of choice at Big Boys Hobbies ( not in a Walter White kinda of way) but where I got my NOX and saw the Steves Rod kit . Thanks for note HH J

I called Steve , super nice guy and very helpful. Thank for the referral to you and joe black

Hey, how did you take care of the coil changing positions when you set your unit down??

You know my first equinox thatbo owned had the shaft that was bot stable and wobbly
this new one I have is just fine and the cam locks tighten up real nice.

I am very happy with this one.

The Explorer was brilliant on Silver I always knew when it was silver under the coil. 😀 😀

You have adjusted the rods to fit your height....you have then tightened the rotary locks so they cinch down? I thought the rods were fixed a long time ago....

Hey, how did you take care of the coil changing positions when you set your unit down??
I made a support bracket to mount to the shaft that keeps the coil in position without having to over tighten the coil bolt.After the second outiing with the Equinox, I had enough of the coil flopping and made my mind up to eliminate it.
I tried one of the pieces that fits over the existing coil ears later on, but preferred my bracket more and gave the other piece away.