Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got my 10x12 white sef v-nulled from kelly Co..... Wow

burlbark

Fedex just got here and I opened the box. To my dismay there where coffee stains on the box. I thought this cant be good it must be a return.

Anyway I hooked it up and would you know? It overloads at 10 and falses all through the gain.

So fast forward 1 hour..... What do you know it works. I of course cant max out the gains without emi from the house and cars driving by. The coil is an emi magnet. However it seems to only false in the iron range and at gains of greater than 10. I am getting air tests in the etrac depth range running 3 frequency, around 10" on a silver dime. And a good deal of coverage at that depth which is nice compared to round coils.

I can theorize that the coil overloaded initially because the v3i was cold and resistance levels in components where very low at the time. Semi conductors like to operate within certain temperatures and the v3i may have been overworking the poor coil.:biggrin:

It no longer overloads and works well in 2.5 but any gain higher than 9 and the falsing starts to annoy. It only falses in the iron range and not consistent. I was able to pick up the silver dime at 10+ with the occasionally falsing. I will have to try farther into the hills and see if it disappears.

Target separation.... All I can say is wow. I found numerous coins that I had not seen both with the etrac and with the v3i using 2 different coils. The d2 and the 5.3 did not see the targets in my yard this coil did. Mostly zincolns but still repeatable targets that did not lock on before.

I have to get to work and will write a thorough review of the benefits that I find with the coil after I get some more swinging time in. I must say it is impressive to be seeing targets in my plowed field that are 10"+ in depth that where not seen before. This coil does appear to cut through the mineralization well.

i can run gain maxed with tx boost on in my house with my super 12. constant chattering of course, but NO overload in 3 frequency.

hopefully yours will be able to do that when you get to the area u spoke of.

congrats on the new coil though. Rob said its gonna be quite a while before any more are available.

Actually I don't know anything about when they will be available.

This coil is driving me crazy. It will behave rationally for 10 min at a time.

I cannot run the gain higher than 9. If I turn tx boost on it will overload at a gain higher than 4.

2.5 frequency by itself...... not a chance if you have the gain higher than 4.

It will see a quarter in my bad soil at around 10" not with any consistency but neither does the etrac in every combination.

This coil will get the weekend to test and if it does not quite down away from all power lines it will be returned to Kelly co. This will be the third SEF coil that I will have had to send back. This is almost getting humorous. This coil is marginally better than the one that lasted 5 minutes on my detector and was returned. This has got to be the worst quality control I have ever seen and I had specified not to send me another unless it was tested in house.

On a more wonderful note all my Whites coils perform flawless.:clap:

Any idea where kelly.co got them from?me and my brother got ours from LOVECH-BULGARIA from the SEF factory and so far no problems with coils,they will have a longer test in two weeks time..:twodetecting:

Hi supafly 136 look at 15th of may post only quck test in garden ,still waiting for fields to be cut.

I want one like Big G has. His meets their advertised claims.

my sef 10x12 can be maxed out on every freq. or all 3 at once.. works just like it should.. also it hasnt been off since i bought it. no emi, or very very little. it cuts thru the trash better than my 6x10 coil does.

You are lucky that you have a good one, not everyone is that lucky.

Well... I hiked in 4 miles from the nearest power line. It was an logging camp from 1865 in the middle of no where. I brought 3 extra coils and the etrac along with multiple spare batteries just in case the hunting was so good I would have to spend the night. The hunt was a bust as they had tilled the ground and burned all the cabins years ago. The apple trees where still there but blackberry briers have taken over and are near 7 feet tall. There was very little room to swing the coil. As for the sef 10x12.....

It ran much quieter and is very sensitive to other detectors. If they are within a hundred feet it starts to act up and the gain must be dropped. I found that I could make it much quieter by offsetting frequency to a -1 but as soon as the coil was at ground level it would overload on high mineralization. There was a point where I was able to run a gain of 14 and tx boost and then the coil got warm and would no longer cooperate. It is very touchy but had superb pinpointing and separation much like the d2. This coil ( at least mine) is definitely not good for house hunting. I have not checked to see if depth is affected by lowering the gain to levels that dont false. It may only give up an 1" or so from what I can tell. It overloaded in the air with 3 frequency and a gain of 14 at the end of the day. It will get one more day with me and if a miracle does not happen it will get boxed on monday and sent back to Kelly Co......

If anyone gets a coil sent to them with coffee on the box, send it back.....:thumbdown:

:shrug:Why don't you get your money back and take a chance buying off flea-bay from sef factory like me and brother did,the coils have two years warranty.. (LOVECH BULGARIA) .i know its a pain if you have to send it back to them i dont know anybody who has..reading his selling history...:)even one of our top shops in the UK have started selling them (the white one) but are

BIG G said:
:shrug:Why don't you get your money back and take a chance buying off flea-bay from sef factory like me and brother did,the coils have two years warranty.. (LOVECH BULGARIA) .i know its a pain if you have to send it back to them i dont know anybody who has..reading his selling history...:)even one of our top shops in the UK have started selling them (the white one) but are

All I can say of today's testing is erratic. It was all over the place. I figured since it had been in the car and it was 75 degrees out the coil would have warmed up and not worked as well, I was wrong. It seemed to work better with higher temperature. The gain cannot be turned up beyond 4 in 2.5 frequency, 8 in 7.5 frequency and 9 in 3 frequency.

It worked at these levels yet really was annoying trying to get more depth out of it and constantly trying to adjust the gain and frequency to quiet it down.

This coil will be returned and I really did enjoy testing it and wish it had been made to a higher standard. I guess I will try another in 3 months or so. Here is a pic showing the signal and noise in an area 99% free of EMI. Can it really be this hard to make a v-rated coil?

I fought i read some where they are heat shielded being white and whats inside them to a certain temperature..:nerd: