Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I guess I just have a soft spot for Tesoro and always will

I tried it out and made a trade for another Tesoro...I prefer the ED-120 discrimination.
Mike
The Eldorado, small-box, an work fine and there are applications for the ED-180 all-met accept Disc. mode .... however .... I, like you, much prefer the ED-120 Disc. of my two favorite Tesoro's. I liked a lot of the different Tesoro offerings ever since I switched to them in July of '83. Now, 37+ years later, I still maintain a detector outfit that always has my two favorite models around. The ED-120 Disc. isn't as 'chirpy' as the ED-180 is when working in and around a lot of nails and other ferrous debris.

Curious which Tesoro models you ended up with in your trade?

Monte

The Eldorado, small-box, an work fine and there are applications for the ED-180 all-met accept Disc. mode .... however .... I, like you, much prefer the ED-120 Disc. of my two favorite Tesoro's. I liked a lot of the different Tesoro offerings ever since I switched to them in July of '83. Now, 37+ years later, I still maintain a detector outfit that always has my two favorite models around. The ED-120 Disc. isn't as 'chirpy' as the ED-180 is when working in and around a lot of nails and other ferrous debris.

Curious which Tesoro models you ended up with in your trade?

Monte
Tesoro Conquistador microMAX version 2.

Tesoro Conquistador microMAX version 2.
The made the 'original' Tesoro Conquistador, and then the improved Conquistador µMAX. The original didn't have the µMAX label in the name,. Is that the one you got and call the "Version 2"? The first had the Frequency-shift trigger-toggle on the under-size and the µMAX version was on the control face. The Conquistador µMAX was the one that worked well, and the 'original' had the glitchy Disc. / GB circuitry.

Monte

The made the 'original' Tesoro Conquistador, and then the improved Conquistador µMAX. The original didn't have the µMAX label in the name,. Is that the one you got and call the "Version 2"? The first had the Frequency-shift trigger-toggle on the under-size and the µMAX version was on the control face. The Conquistador µMAX was the one that worked well, and the 'original' had the glitchy Disc. / GB circuitry.

Monte
Sorry...Mine is the Conquistador microMAX.

That's the better one w/o the glitch. :thumbup: Good trade.
I remember reading your write up a while ago on the different Tesoro metal detectors with the glitch in the Disc/GB circuitry...That helped in making the trade for the Conquistador microMAX!

Thank you
Mike

I like my new beep and dig unit, the Vista X. I started out with an ah mini pro in the 70's. Now that was a beep and dig down to 3" max.

So true! Long before I came to this forum, I would read the Tesoro forum and loved to see your posts. I was never able to get logged into that forum, there was some sort of contention between their ISP and the one I was using that we were not able to figure out at the time. At least I could read them and learn from the many experienced people who posted there.

Good to hear from you!

Hey bud! Glad they, my thoughts, may have been of some value to someone. I'm 82 yrs old now, have had two operations in the last year and haven't been detecting in about two years. Actually it may be three years I think. I haven't sold my Tesoros. Just can't do it. I keep hoping I'm going to get one day. Hope you are doing well and believe me when I say I envy you!
Pap

Reactions: tvr
Good to hear you are still here! I'm about 16 years behind you. None of us are getting any younger. I did learn a lot from the posts on that old Tesoro forum. Lots of knowledge was shared there. Hope you can enjoy life, even if it doesn't include detecting right now.
Cheers,
tvr