Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Had a great day!.... Probably one of the best!

gregD

Ok so none of my finds were anything super duper rare or valuable, but dang it was a great day! I did about 2hrs of hunting on a piece of private property (my in laws farm), first chance to detect it since the corn was out.... There was an old 1800s house that was burned down in the late 60's.... It has been a farm field ever since... It has never been hunted before and i essentially have exclusive permission since im the only one in the family who does this....... Anyways WOW, what a thoroughly enjoyable hunt! Yes there was lots of iron from old nails but there was NO modern trash!!! This is a first for me. AND the soil was so soft and nice to dig in! I did dig some old scraps of random metal, but nothing like other places i've been. All in all it was a totally re-invigorating experience and I can't wait to go back!

1911 V
1914 buffalo
1916 & 36 wheaties.

That's awesome. You found that in only two hours and judging by the photos, you have a lot more ground to cover. Good luck with hunting the rest of it and post pictures of what you find.

Gotta love a virgin spot...
Congrats

Nice recoveries on some old goodies! Check your 1914 Buffalo for the rare 1914/3 variety - it's a doozy if yours is the overdate! :clapping:

Its too crusty to tell... i have a toothbrushing but didnt want to go beyond that since 1914 was a semi key year i think..... havent found any good ways to clean nickels yet

CZconnoisseur said:
Nice recoveries on some old goodies! Check your 1914 Buffalo for the rare 1914/3 variety - it's a doozy if yours is the overdate! :clapping:

Congrats on the great finds !
When you get in close to where the house sat - you might want try using Gary's - "Sifter Program" - it's a fantastic isolating the good targets in a junkie area !

Good Luck !