Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have 4 items that need IDing. Please allow me to give some background:

Kevin B.

They awere all dug in the same location. At tghis slocation I have dug a German Suhl 58 cal bullet. Several three ringer bullets. Several "teardrop" 36 cal Navy Colt Revolver bullets. Indian head cents. etc etc. I have subjected the iron objects to my electrolysis tank and removed most of the rust. The two weird brass objects on the far right are what reall puzzlemes me. They have a bit of ornamental decor along the edges. I have aksed all of the old times that I know and they have never seen them. The fist two iron items are likely horse tackle of some type but I just don't trust my lack of experience with items like these. I'd just like to be able to put a label on them since they are fairly vintage. I sure appreciate any help.

Thanks for looking.

Spot on Bill F!!!! I just got a Facebook message back that said that it was used to remove the metal plate over old wood stoves eyes. Thank you immensely!!!!! And Merry Christmas to you!!!

The one with an eyelet looks like something that a rope would be tied to giving a type of hook. What for I have no clue.

<edit>
I think the hook part might go into a grommet on a tarp or hook to the bottom of a wagon to hold a tarp down???

The object on the left, rather than being a stove lid lifter, looks like a handle that has broken off of a cast iron skillet.

Guys, y'all are the best!!!!!! I appreciate the ID's!!!! Ya know.....I save all of this stuff, in the interest of history, and knowing what they are just enhances the satisfaction of saving them from finally rusting away. Much obliged.

I sure appreciate the help y'all!!!! Happy New Year to everyone and may the vast majority find a gold dollar this year!!!! Or a gold 5 dollar. 10 dollar, or even 20 dollar gold piece!!!!!! In other words.....Happy and Successful Hunting!!!!

Oops, I'm a bit late on this thread!

Interesting finds by the way! :thumbup: The farthest item on the right I can visualize as a women's scarf slide because of its shape and ornamental decor. It looks to also have possibly held rhinestones in the small indentations at one time. Does the similar shaped one next to it look the same on its far side.

knarfj said:
Oops, I'm a bit late on this thread!

Interesting finds by the way! :thumbup: Does the similar shaped one next to it look the same on its far side.
Thanks!!! Those are both identical pieces although they don't look it. I found one that was.....twisted up so I boiled some water and got it hot and slowly flattened it. I really didn't know WHAT shape to bring it back to, never having seen one before. But then, in a few days, at the same old homeplace I found a completely intact (untwisted) one. I hesistate to think that those rather shallow dimples are anything but shallow dimples......as they grow increasingly shallow as they go around the piece. It's my uneducated guess that the dimples where just simple engraving done for a slight amount of decor. But they could very well be hankerchief slides!!!!! And I FULLY appreciate the input.

Your more than welcome! It's very entertaining trying to unravel the mystery of what items such as yours may have been used for.

HH:detecting: