Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a Fisher Coin$trike. How does it compare to a CZ3d?

Of all the detectors I've owned over the last 40 some years, the Coin$ is the only detector I considered wrapping around a tree...hated that thing.
To be fair, I believe some of the early ones did have defective coils....maybe that was the problem.

Roger

u2robert said:
What is the 525 setting?

u2,
It's sensitivity at 5, threshold at -25, iron disc at 99.
A stable, reliable 'turn-on, GB, and go hunt' configuration.

I tend to run -15 (ish), sens at 7 (ish), no iron disc...but it's very site and emi dependent.
(as well as personal preferences)

I also prefer to hunt with C$ in all-metal when I can, as the TID still works in AM, and it's a more sensitive/deep mode.

mike

To be fair had an early one and had CZ depth, however its liking for rusty round bottlecaps and round items had me sell mine..Been so long forgot the settings....actually got some nice deep silver in isolated old areas with no bottlecaps...Still remember a seated dime that was at least a foot deep..

My Coinstrike does great as long as there was no EMI around. All metal mode was the reason I kept it all this time. Run it hot in all metal and it's a super relic hunter and deep. It's a shame they never made a DD coil for it. or had frequency shifts for the EMI problem.

It also handles bad dirt better than a CZ. It will punch through black sand at the beach better than my Minelabs can WITH TRACKING ON.