Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a major problem with the ctx 3030:blink:

etracjoe

I may have to part with my trusty Etrac and I don't know if I could ever say goodbye.:cry: She has never done me wrong, and would follow by my side through thick and through thin. I just hope she will find a good home with someone that will love her and care for her, and especially take her for walks. We all know how she loves to go for walks. I will miss you Etrac, but you will forever be in my heart.

I'm just wondering how many others would give up such a fine machine like the Etrac to get like others have called a super-Etrac? As much as would like to keep her, I'm afraid that I cannot afford to have both.(and Etrac may also be jealous)!!

I'm sure there will be a lot of folks with that very dilemma, not to mention other machines and equipment they may part with. The server may be bogged down with all the classifieds. LOL

BCOOP

You need help brother ,what you need is Etrac rehab.

You are in the first stages of withdrawal .

Your at the right place, you will find lots of sympathy and support.

Together we can get through this!

I had bonding problems with my Etracs & have no trouble moving on.. My trusty old Explorer II has been my main unit for several years and will remain along side for a good while yet...wildherre

Yes Coop, I was thinking the same thing! I wonder what the market will look like in another few weeks on the Etrac and other machines? There may be a flood coming!! And your right mario, we can get through this.......but I wish I could tell Etrac that I have a mistress, the guilt is killing me. I hope that she will forgive me.

I also don't want to use the Etrac as a crutch during the learning process of a new machine......that would not be fair to her. In all seriousness though sometimes I think that is the trouble that people have. I have a hard time getting use to the AT pro although I know its a fine machine. But I always revert back to the Etrac half way through the hunt. I keep thinking I'm missing good stuff with the AT. And I very well could be. My problem is, its hard telling myself there is different machines for different jobs and the AT pro is not suited as much for the places I take the Etrac. I hope the ctx 3030 will be a problem solver in that respect!!

Etracjoe,

You just never know, she may just want to join the harem.

Well as my self and many a forum member can attest to , old don't me it don't work

Oh I agree with you there 100%. I have a buddy with an old sovereign and he is happy with it and would not part with it to get the Etrac when it came out. We compare signals alot and I will say I'm pretty darn impressed with Minelabs 12 year old technology. Just the other day he told me that when the first explorer came out he went to the dealer and the dealer said "now you own a cadillac, why would you want one with just a few more bells and whistles?" My friend is excited about the ctx 3030 too because it may just be his time to part. The 2 features that it offers that he likes the most is the backlight and it being waterproof, LOL.

Nah keep em both, I could never leave my E-Trac behind, I still have my Ace 250 use it as a loaner, my wife still has her X-Terra 705 for her E-Trac back up...nah too many good times and memories. Can you imagine when someone asks about your back up detector and you say E-Trac man....:laugh:

All kidding aside, I can't wait to see some real time results.

BCOOP

etracjoe said:
Yes Coop, I was thinking the same thing! I wonder what the market will look like in another few weeks on the Etrac and other machines? There may be a flood coming!! And your right mario, we can get through this.......but I wish I could tell Etrac that I have a mistress, the guilt is killing me. I hope that she will forgive me.

Forgive you ? I think not , you are already engaging in lustful thinking and a mild form of Cybersex with this machine and you two haven't even been formally introduced .:drool::inlove::devil:

Thats for sure and the plus side of that is it won't be long because Digger himself has what sounds like quite a bit of time logged on this machine and he is a trusted source of information after his agreement allows. This in a nutshell is the biggest reason for these forums. There is a wealth of information at your fingertips that until today with iphones and such you could not get while comparing products.

dirt doctor said:
etracjoe said:

Forgive you ? I think not , you are already engaging in lustful thinking and a mild form of Cybersex with this machine and you two haven't even been formally introduced .:drool::inlove::devil:

Lol.....you've got my number!!!

Better sell it quick there will be lots of them for sell by the first of June if this detector is as good as some are saying. Some folks are going to get a good deal on a Etrac.

Jason

I dread all those used etracs being out there, everyone will have one, those c
Old parks will be that much more bare...Ugggg.

Joe

JBE_Iowa said:
I dread all those used etracs being out there, everyone will have one, those c
Old parks will be that much more bare...Ugggg.

Joe

But there will be the same amount of machines, they will just change hands which in affect will increase the number of places the etrac was in use. So yes, not a good thing if you want some goodies left for the future!!

I never got the etrac cause I don't hunt enough to justify from the explorer to the etrac but now I can get a relic, coin, beach and water machine in one package and free up a lot of space on my wall and hopefully have a true all one detector that is great at all of them not good at some and fair at other types of hunting?

This will give me some motivation especially to go do some water hunting again somewhere tropical, LOL

Jerry

Trading your Etrack for a waterproof Etrack that's a tuff choice!

I couldnt bare to part with my E-Trac. I mean, I JUST got the full range of coils ( 5" - 13" ) for it, along with a brand new replacement Sunray Probe.