Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I hunted in the rain today

Larry (IL)

and found a few more goodies, one of the two Indians is a 1872, Bold N in G-4, maybe a little better. Redbook is $90+ and is the one under the machine gun. The other one below it is a 1905. The lead solder with most of his paint was a neat find too and another segmented bracelet, 7 more wheats and a girl scout "thingie" as well as the usual junk and clad made for another 2 hour hunt.

[attachment 162032 CIMG5944.jpg]

Nice looking indians Larry! We had rain today too, 'cept ours is white.:biggrin:

Nice finds, congrats on the Injun!

Dedicated|Stupidity, I like to think I'm that little line in the middle......:rofl: ............I didn't say it was raining HARD.............:lol: Oh you know, it was one of those rainy days, on and off and those big trees provide pretty good cover when it is on. This yard has turned out to be a good one, 8 Indians so far between Nancy and I, we are waiting for someone to mow the yard so we can get a little more depth, the grass is pretty high there, about a foot or more. This is a property that is for sale and we made a couple of calls to the Realtor and then the owner to get permission to hunt. Private property Ladies and Gents........the last frontier.

Another short hunt and you did well! Those early 1870's Indians are tough and mainly come in a lower grade than the one you found. (Your patch of ground was a decent coin shop today!)

Hey larry if you don't want to wait for the lawn to be mowed to get at those deep coin's just break out the minelab se. You should then be able to get to them!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It found a new home, Bye, Bye. Larry's out camping this weekend with the V3.:usaflag:made. If the silver is there he will find it.[attachment 162252 Reading.gif] ....Rob

Depth does not seem to be a problem with the V3 Harold, that is why I sold my SE. I didn't find any silver this weekend but I did pull some wheats out of the ground, one at 8 inches and another at 9. That is on par with what I got with the SE in my ground. BTW V3 users, I was playing around a little with the single frequency 2.5 in Hi Pro mode when I got those deep Wheats, was really impressed and ran very quiet as well. I think I might have a new favorite hunting mode........:happy:

I was just teasing you a little Larry. I am sure the v3 is a good machine once learned, Just out of curiosity what number did the

9'' wheat cent read? And what coil were you useing? Thanks for the reply.

The deep wheaties were right on the edge of ID'ing Harold, VDI was jumping all over from +30 to +70 from what I remember. I had a repeatable tone in the + zone and it pinpointed deep, I dig all of those. I was using 10X12 SEF at the time on those, but I spent most of my time using the D2, results seem to be about the same with a little more coverage going to the SEF.