Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just bought a new f19

The Fisher F19 is a proven good performer, especially for Relic Hunting in very dense Iron Nails and other ferrous debris. Does a nice job at unmasking with it's 19 kHz performance. There were 3 remaining to be sold, as you mentioned, ands just 3 minutes ago it shows only 1 remaining. The photo and box show the 5X10 solid elliptical DD and not the 11" BiAxial, and that's a good thing. Mount a 5" DD on one and a good slow-motion methodical search can work wonder in nasty debris.

Makes me wonder what might be in the future for Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter since there were 5 listed, 4 now sold, and 1 remaining, and they all show coming from FirstTexasProducts. Is FTP cleaning out only discontinued models, or just cleaning things out so there's room to close doors?

Good luck with your new F19 when it arrives, and if you don't have a 5" DD coil I suggest you track one down.

Monte

They shipped all the camo units and 7x11's in same box. They just added a decal saying 7x11 to box. I just hope they don't send me one of those pink camo's...lol. I have noticed a lot of dealers are short on FT inventory. I have no idea what they are planning although I have heard they were to come out with 2 machines possibly this Summer. One was to be a 14khz waterproof machine and other was to be a multi frequency. Although it would not surprise me to see them call it quits.

Everybody having hard times but with that being said I read where detecting as seen an increase will probably continue. During the covid scam one could go out, not wear a mask, and enjoy solitude. Thus I believe the companies have spent down time developing and redesigning products. Its a rebound thing and they have a solid base. Just imagine if they could develop a detector with 6” more ability, no more clad and just silver and gold!!!!

They shipped all the camo units and 7x11's in same box. They just added a decal saying 7x11 to box. I just hope they don't send me one of those pink camo's...lol. I have noticed a lot of dealers are short on FT inventory. I have no idea what they are planning although I have heard they were to come out with 2 machines possibly this Summer. One was to be a 14khz waterproof machine and other was to be a multi frequency. Although it would not surprise me to see them call it quits.
The e-bay ad called them F19 LTD and the very outdated Fisher website only shoes LTD units being camo. Doesn't show the standard color F19.

I used the zoom on the computer and did not see a sticker for an 11" BiAxial coil on any box photo and I don't like that coil. So I called FTP right after they opened today and asked about the ad and the shipped coil. I was told it will be the coil in the photo on the box, the 5X10 solid DD.

Still strange the manufacturer was selling far less than their dealers who were also advertising.

Monte

Hey Monte
I've got all 3 coils, ( 5,5X10, and 11biaxial ) and although I have not done side-by-side comparison testing of the 5X10 and 11", I gotta tell ya', that 11 aint no slouch, my gut instinct is its better than the 5X10. I use the 11 a lot, sometimes the 5, and the 5X10 is, well, gathering dust.
Everywhere I hunt is littered with Iron trash. Machine gun fire iron, and the 11 still rocks!
So just curious what you do not like about the 11"?

Hey Monte
I've got all 3 coils, ( 5,5X10, and 11biaxial ) and although I have not done side-by-side comparison testing of the 5X10 and 11", I gotta tell ya', that 11 aint no slouch, my gut instinct is its better than the 5X10. I use the 11 a lot, sometimes the 5, and the 5X10 is, well, gathering dust.
Everywhere I hunt is littered with Iron trash. Machine gun fire iron, and the 11 still rocks!
So just curious what you do not like about the 11"?
I never dated an ugly looking gal and I find the 11" BiAxial from Fisher, and the 7X11 coils from Nokta and Makro to be ugly. Yes, they can work, but where I generally hunt the trash contamination is best dealt with using a smaller size coil, and a mid-size where the debris isn't as bad. On a wide-op beach, out in the middle of a large grassy park with minimal targets, or searching a plowed field or pastureland, those are the times I go to a detector with a larger-size coil, and I consider the 11" BiAxial as 'larger' size. If I hunted such a place today I'd use the 8½X11 Raider DD on an Apex or 950 Concentric on an XLT before I'd mount the 11" BiAxial on my F75+.

As for hunting tough Iron contaminated sites and modern-trash urban places, I keep smaller coils mounted full-time on most of my detectors to best handle the conditions.

Monte

I use the 11" relic hunting on my G2+ and have found many Civil War bullets deep in the sandy areas I hunt. I switch over to the 5x10 for tot lot hunting.
If you are in the right location and have some good targets at a reasonable depth, the 11" will work, as long as it is not a densely-littered site. I've hunted places like you refer to for bullets and such and most of the places lack a lot of shallower, masing junk. However, in most of those kinds of sites I have done just about equally well using a mid-size coil on a good detector and not only does it work, but it helps keep weight and balance under control, and with my mobility and health issues, that's a good thing.

As for Tot-Lots, which I like to work hard on a day-long outing in big cities with a lot of locations to search, and in my detector outfit the first-grabbed unit is my Tesoro Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" Concentric coil. I have a few other detectors that I could use it Tot-lots, but the Tesoro's have served me excellent for almost four decades now with both high coin recoveries and an impressive amount of sliver and gold jewelry.

There are some larger playground with a lot of open are away from the metal structures and those will be areas I will take on using the mid-size on the F19. That was a terrific price for a brand new F19, and with the mid-size coil, coupled with the 5" I already have, this unit is going to see a good amount of use.

Monte

Being a long time F 75, T 2 and Omega user, I can attest all the coils mentioned have their place, including the 6" concentric for the F 75. I would also state ugly is in the eye of the beholder and I would never be without the 11" biaxial coil. In fact, I have found more goodies with that coil over the years then all the others combined. It is the meat and potatoes coil of their detector line up. HH jim tn

Being a long time F 75, T 2 and Omega user, I can attest all the coils mentioned have their place, including the 6" concentric for the F 75. I would also state ugly is in the eye of the beholder and I would never be without the 11" biaxial coil. In fact, I have found more goodies with that coil over the years then all the others combined. It is the meat and potatoes coil of their detector line up. HH jim tn
I agree with you 100% Jim!----There isn't anything "UGLY" about the FT 7"X11" biaxial coil.---I call it my "Halibut" coil & I love fish!:)----(IMO)--it's one of the best if not the best coils FT ever made for their detectors.----Del

I got it today. They sent me the green camo! I got a machine that retails for $800 for $250....lol

Attachments

• IMG_3141.JPG
    IMG_3141.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 148
I got it today. They sent me the green camo! I got a machine that retails for $800 for $250....lol
Looks like FT is clearing out those earlier camo F-19s they produced.----What coil came with it--the 5X10 camo coil?----What is the first four digits of the serial number?---The S/N comes on the screen when you first turn the detector on.---The first two digits is the month & the second two digits og the serial number is the year of manufacture.----BTW, the current F-19s have been selling for $449---you still got a great buy though.

It came with 5x10. Serial # 04-20-08-00 I'm happy with the green camo. Glad it's not pink...lol. Will be first time I've hunted tot lots in camo...lol. It's 449 for the gold and black ones although I have seen price increase to $500 from Bigboyshobbies.. Camo's always higher. Serious Detecting has them for $799 on Ebay. Mine did come with a camo decal on one side of box.

Last edited:
It came with 5x10. Serial # 04-20-08-00 I'm happy with the green camo. Glad it's not pink...lol. Will be first time I've hunted tot lots in camo...lol. It's 449 for the gold and black ones although I have seen price increase to $500 from Bigboyshobbies.. Camo's always higher. Serious Detecting has them for $799 on Ebay. Mine did come with a camo decal on one side of box.
Happy for you man---you got a super deal for sure!